X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uh,, how do I get in on this??
    price ect.

Comment

Gila Monster Racing has a performance driving school with very nice accommodations.

Classy enough to fly your private jet in and take your vintage Ferrari for a morning cruise, but down to earth enough to be the proving grounds for the coilover system that is talked about so much on this website.

It's not uncommon to see this type of thing out on the track. Yes, that's a real gt40, and yes it's dusty from being driven hard. What museum will provide you with a chance to get close to one of these while sliding sideways at 100mph in your festiva?

Plenty of room for a sleep over if your idea of a 4 post bed is something like this.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
        That offer open to all forum members? I'm going to be in az 4/26-5/8 without festiva though.
        Mind driving a Mazda2?

GMR originally toyed with the idea of using Festiva trainer cars, but they are too valuable for a proper student vehicle. Getting used to driving the 2 will help with driving the festiva. Ryal has come up with some tricks to make the 2 handle like a festiva that's being driven at 10/10 without the ridiculous speeds.
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-05-2017, 12:45 PM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

All sounds awesome, I may have to get with you on this offer, I have Marine friends that live in AZ and I'm sure they wouldn't mind me staying with them for a wknd. (If that offer stands for me also)

Comment

^ well that pretty much covers it, but if you have need of classier accomadations, there are 3 hotels in the small town of Willcox, for more class (and $) there are Casitas at the track.
            we stock 87,91, and 100 octane unleaded as well as E-85 and Methanol. If your car requires 110 leaded, we have that too, but at the shop not the track.
            Time with us can be cheaper than track days, or more expensive if you want to go whole hog.
            PM for details, but right now I'm loadind up for Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park in Phoenix this weekend!
            Yes, offer open to all responsible Forum members, bring your car if you can! Our only rental Festiva currently is Cauldron, and that is a right hand full!
            Last edited by Dragonhealer; 04-05-2017, 01:05 PM.
            No car too fast !

Comment

That's great, thanks, I definitely will PM you.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty sure the black/red NA in post #77 passes the broomstick test hahaha. Is the driver 7 feet tall?

Comment

Originally posted by RdstrBlk View Post
                  Pretty sure the black/red NA in post #77 passes the broomstick test hahaha. Is the driver 7 feet tall?
                  That's a MSM (NB) and it's set up as a rental car for the school. There have been a few students who wouldn't have fit under a traditional hoop.

Comment

If i have any vacation right now i would ship my car there and fly on down. I switch jobs a couple years back so im back to the bottom of the vacation list.
                    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Well that just drawes high vacuum on igneous lumps....
                      July and August are really hot here, but the winters are gorgeous!
                      No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
                        Well that just drawes high vacuum on igneous lumps....
                        July and August are really hot here, but the winters are gorgeous!
                        Are you guys able to ride year round there?
                        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                          Are you guys able to ride year round there?
                          Yeah, lots of people here only have motorcycles for transportation. Like Ryal said though, June through October can be on a whole new level of hot. It'll be 100 degrees at midnight for a month straight. November through May is a dream come true for motorcyclists, hot rodders, hikers, sports fans (spring training, Fiesta bowl, final 4 all can be attended here) and anyone who can't get enough sunshine.
                          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-06-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                            November through May is a dream come true for motorcyclists... and anyone who can't get enough sunshine.
                            I didnt have to scrape ice off my car this morning for the first time since november and it wasnt dark when i drove to work! Winters dream come true! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                              I didnt have to scrape ice off my car this morning for the first time since november and it wasnt dark when i drove to work! Winters dream come true! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                              I was in Alberta in december and again in late January that place is way to cold for me. I didnt die but felt like i was already dead there.
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                                I was in Alberta in december and again in late January that place is way to cold for me. I didnt die but felt like i was already dead there.
                                Come to Alberta in July! I hear there's a Festiva meet going on! [emoji6] It will be warmer, I promise.
                                Ian
                                Calgary AB, Canada
                                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
                                X