WHich SCCA class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHich SCCA class?

Which SCCA class do you think Overkill should be in? I do not have any exp in class rules. I have looked over them but im super lost.

From what i can tell ill be in a modified class due to the block being different. Aside from that i have no clue.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

In which form of racing?
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

Comment

Autocross
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Your best bet is to find a local tech who does the safety inspections and they can let you know which class you can run in and what you need to do to be able to run in a certain class. Put your zip code in the box at the bottom of this link and contact your local region. They are usually a helpful bunch. https://www.scca.com/pages/i-want-to-autocross
        Rick
        1993 Ford Festiva
        1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
        1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
        2000 Ford E350

Comment

I'll guess Street Mod FWD.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

The engine swap with turbo and suspension should put him in C mod, but the chassis might put him in D mod... In either case, Mike, your mods put you into a prepped class. It will be interesting to see how you fair against others in your specified class.

Ok, just reviewed the class layout for SOLO, it's changed a bit since last I looked at it!!! So as it sits, Mike, you could potentially be in B spec, Production, and/or Super Touring...
            Last edited by FestYboy; 04-25-2017, 09:35 PM.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Is there a super touring light?
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Based on the allowable mods vs what he's done, he should be able to compete in the STL class as it just specifies engines 2.0l and under. STU would be for 3.2l and under. Both subclasses allow engine swaps and added boost systems are permitted in some cases.

65,000+ door-to-door, cone clipping and dirt-throwing individuals make us the largest amateur motorsports club in the United States.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                  Based on the allowable mods vs what he's done, he should be able to compete in the STL class as it just specifies engines 2.0l and under. STU would be for 3.2l and under. Both subclasses allow engine swaps and added boost systems are permitted in some cases.

https://www.scca.com/pages/car-class...ons-and-groups
                  I guess stl is street touring light!
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Maybe STR?

Comment

Super touring light is what I'd run if I were to participate in an SCCA sanctioned road race. I'm not sure if all the classes cross over to solo. I kinda washed my hands of SCCA a decade ago because I didn't like the direction the organization was headed. I'm kinda spoiled here in AZ, because a lot of people didn't like SCCA rules and fees and a lot of people started their own clubs, so SCCA doesn't have a monopoly over our tracks. Consequently, our track events are among the cheapest in the country. That's why I get away with the stuff I do. Lol
                      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-26-2017, 10:08 AM.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post

https://www.scca.com/pages/car-class...ons-and-groups
                        No turbos are allowed in STL. It's NA 4 cylinders with a maximum of 2.0L.

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                        Super touring light is what I'd run if I were to participate in an SCCA sanctioned road race. I'm not sure if all the classes cross over to solo. I kinda washed my hands of SCCA a decade ago because I didn't like the direction the organization was headed. I'm kinda spoiled here in AZ, because a lot of people didn't like SCCA rules and fees and a lot of people started their own clubs, so SCCA doesn't have a monopoly over our tracks. Consequently, our track events are among the cheapest in the country. That's why I get away with the stuff I do. Lol
                        I've looked into STL a fare amount and have talked to friends that are very involved in SCCA racing. I'm not 100% sure how a festiva would fare in STL as it is today. You're not allowed to move the engine forward or reinforce the lower rad support. I would think a B6D would be the correct engine since minimum weight is based on displacement but you're only allowed factory intakes (so the not so great capri one) which may limit the horsepower you can get out of a B6D. Minimum weight with the B6D would be 2064lb with the driver and I think that is on the heavy side for a track focused festiva. Also at that weight you would need about 145whp to be competitive from a power to weight ratio so that's going to be an a big ask of a factory port B6D.

Also now that STL is a national class there are guys spending $100K on 8th gen civics with K20s so you would have to deal that if you what to seriously compete.

Comment

So STL is out of question.
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

These rules are crazy. I have no clue which class ill be in still. The link above is even more classes i had not seen yet. I have no clue where to start
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

A Festiva with anything other than a B3 is at least in the Prepared class. Depending on specifics you could be in Modified. SCCA doesn't really support engine swapping in autocross classes since they are meant to be a low cost entry level events.

This is the link to all the SOLO (autocross) rule sets. You can read through the prepared rules to see if you meet them or not.
                              65,000+ door-to-door, cone clipping and dirt-throwing individuals make us the largest amateur motorsports club in the United States.

STL is road racing only.

Comment

Working...
                              X