2017 Waterford Hills Drivers' school video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Waterford Hills Drivers' school video

I haven't been here in a while. Haven't actually used the Festiva in a few years. Until my 17 and 18 year old nephews asked to borrow it to do drivers' school at Waterford Hills a few weeks ago. One of my nephews, JP (he's 18 ), posted a session from yesterday on Youtube. It wasn't a race, just a 15 minute session. Most of the drivers, including JP, have never road raced before. JP did great, his cousin is in the group with slower car, he's in the faster group since they can't be in the same group with the same car. He has WAY less power than the cars he's out there with, and still passes a few cars.

Last edited by tderonne; 04-30-2017, 11:11 AM.

He did a Great job, imagine if he had a little more HP. Congrats
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Looked like a lot of fun! I didnt realize how much the shifter moves around when you get on and off the throttle in second, wow.
      What engine was in this car?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wah hooo! That was cool! I wanted to be driving there with him. lol
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

JP did a great job for a novice!
          Not criticizing, just some observations ;
          If the camera is mounted where a passenger headrest would be, the video would provide a good review / critique tool.
          The right hand mirror appears to be blocked by the NACA duct.
          The rear view mirror needs to be much bigger.
          A proper resonator/muffler will reduce sensory load a great deal for the learning driver, so they can acquire their skills more quickly.

Nice Work JP !
          No car too fast !

Comment

It's a stock motor, save for a custom header (with a muffler) and a cam from Festiva Motorsports. Rules don't allow many mods that affect the power much (no porting, lots of stuff has to be untouched stock parts).

The cage didn't have a higher spot to mount the camera with the mount he had. He posted more video with the camera higher, but on the right side, view is better, but still not great. There is no ride side mirror. The rear view mirror is convex, you can see a TON in it, no need for a right side mirror.
            Last edited by tderonne; 04-30-2017, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Would love to see video from the other camera location!
              Links?
              No car too fast !

Comment

Good to hear from you Tim! What was it like watching your Festiva out on the track again?
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Hi Tim, great to hear from you. Thanks for sharing the video!
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
                  X