Another AutoX for OverKILL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another AutoX for OverKILL

So this past sunday i had another decent atuocross event. The car is doing good. I had the water meth running pretty good and the rest of the car is pretty well setup. I had the slicks on and the racing seats in. Car wise i was great. Driving wise not so great. I didnt get the car very lose at all. it was planted and slow! The track setup was very open and very fast. i had room to fully take 2nd to the max on 3 different straights. The track was very fun. I however didnt take advantage of the car. I drove it like a rwd out of fear i guess. It was hard for me to enter a turn going 60 using very little to no brake. Charlie is INSANE guys!!! not really but i did back out of it. IDK why i couldn't do it. I had it in the back of my mind but i just didnt do it. Each time i came in hot i backed off and took the turn wide or i slowed down enough to take it tight and slow. taking a 90° turn at 60mph is not the easiest thing in the world to do. I fully trust charlie but i dont have the skills to do a turn like that yet. I wil get there tho. I must find a local spot to do test runs in. I have to get used to the feeling of the rear sliding on me.

I still ran faster then several cars that i wanted to beat however i have lots of room to improve on. My next target is to match the S2000 guys. IDK tho the guys in mind can freaking drive man. Ill have to really have a good lap to match them.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Is your autocross put on by the SCCA?

I thought water meth wasn't allowed.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I wont tell if you dont! I passed tech. They opened the hatch and took a look at it. The dude pushed and pulled on it to make sure it was mounted. He gave me the green light.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

dude I know exactly what you are talking about, I drove for the first time last sunday and the whole time beforehand I was doing research on trail braking and going around turns fast with little to no brake. I was in a gti so not exactly the same, but as you said it's much more easy said than done. I was thinking about late braking but most times I tended to brake early and take it slow.
        In August I will be going in my festiva which I am much more comfortable in and will hopefully be able to fly around those turns.
        what is water meth lol
        92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

water meth is a mixture that is sprayed into your intake pipe. It helps cool the air and adds a bit of extra fuel as well. Its not really a HP trick but it does add a little. Its mainly just to help keep things smooth. The mix is normally around 50/50 of water and methanol.
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

The autocross i did this past weekend was a very fast track. My speeds were at the very top of 2nd gear with a raised rpm limit. i was just to nervous to not slow down. I got scared and hit the brakes way to early to slow down and not understeer. Had i just stayed on the gas and lifted as i turned in i would have rotated the rear and turned harder and faster. I clearly know that! but for some reason i just didnt do it.

Now the autox i did a week before was much better. The track was tighter and had a very nice large sweeping 45 bend in it. I was able to slide around that corner. It felt great and crazy fast. I also got a good slide on another corner. However im not to the level yet! Once i can drive like that on each corner i will be running some good times.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
            X