E85 Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E85 Anyone?

I plan to switch to E85 for my autocross car! My injectors should be large enough already. I will be going to a small fuel cell mounted on the firewall. Im thinking a 2 or 3 gallon tank. I want to keep it small.

Has anyone else ever ran E85 in a festy?
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Talk to Gauge half inch.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Couple of concerns, 8mm fuel lines will flow over 350whp worth at 65psi regulated pressure, not sure how much more.
      E85 does not cold start well at low ambient temps.
      The steel tank problem you are solving with a non metalic race tank.

Out here, the idiots at State level outlawed E85, E50 being the max blend allowed, (no idea why, and no reason given), so all the stations carrying it dropped it entirely!,
      Last edited by Dragonhealer; 01-17-2018, 10:25 PM.
      No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
        Couple of concerns, 8mm fuel lines will flow over 350whp worth at 65psi regulated pressure, not sure how much more.
        E85 does not cold start well at low ambient temps.
        The steel tank problem you are solving with a non metalic race tank.

Out here, the idiots at State level outlawed E85, E50 being the max blend allowed, (no idea why, and no reason given), so all the stations carrying it dropped it entirely!,
        That sucks! The E85 will be in the autocross car. Lucifer will get E85 but it will be more of a summer/ nice day car. I have to add in a surge tank and all new fuel lines for my street car so i should be in the clear. I have not decided what i will do as far as fuel tanks go in that car. I really didnt know fuel tanks were an issue tho. I will look into it. Thanks for the info.
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I've been running E85 for months now on my DA 121 with no issues, all i changed was injectors to ID1000's, walbro 255 intank and Gates barricade hose. I was running this setup for years on E85 when it was in my Laser TX3 turbo, It loves it!

Comment

What is your gas mileage like?

Comment

About as good as a b6t with stock ECU, iv'e tuned light cruise in the 17:1 range. Much less lag on E85 too.

Comment

Working...
              X