X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed question... let me dream!!!

Still a Festiva n00b, so be nice.

Well my question is this.

I am after a cheap way to get into land speed. Would a festiva with a B3 with a bitta work done (freshen up, shaved and ported head and cam grind) with say a pair of Weber 45 DCOE's be capable of 130mph+?

What sorta power do people get from HOT non-turbo B3's?

Someone is supposed to be making 100 hp with one .... I don't think that would push a Festy to 130.
    1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
    1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
    1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
    1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
    1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
    1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
    1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

a festiva on stock suspension/wheels is scary above about 85... i sure wouldn't shoot for 130 in this car if your trying to go cheap
      even if you upgrade the suspension/breaks/wheels idn if you'd be able to make enough power from a N/A B3 to hit 130, i think not but i suppose just about anything is possible!

good luck
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

i think it could my festy has been to 114 and it is stock with a full interior. It took awhile to get there but it did make it

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2304767

Comment

^^lols.. downhill with a tail wind..

Comment

i had another car next to me with a speedo that went that high and it was accurate

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2304767

Comment

Lower the car, strip interior, reduce front-end drag, and shave & smooth as much body work as possible all will assist aerodynamics. Trans gearing/larger diameter tires would be the next thing on the agenda. See what you can do with the motor but I think a swap/unnatural aspiration is in order.
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

brake and motor swap
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Well engine swap changes the class. I've got to look into what is meant by an engine swap. I mean, they may or may not count a B3 to B5 for eg. an engine swap. Putting a turbo engine in is definatly an engine swap as they never come turbo from the factory.

Did Festiva's (the first gen ones, not the "Aspire" ones as you call them) ever come with a 1.5 anywhere in the world??

Engine classes are 1.01-1.5l and 1.51-2l... and I think the 1.51-2l class N/A is around 160mph!

Pulling out the interior and changing the body changes class yet again, so at the moment i'm talking basically stock.

Will be running better suspension for sure!!!

Comment

Find a suzuki swift gti motor swap it in same displacement. Or a 13b wankel. also 1.3l
                    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1
                      Find a suzuki swift gti motor swap it in same displacement. Or a 13b wankel. also 1.3l
                      I middas well just get a Swift GTi then! :lol:

Comment

I would its more aerodynamic.

Comment

Yer but in this class the swifts seem to be what everyone is using! BOORING!

Another option was Toyota Starlet GT, but they are way too pricey here (they are imports, never sold new).

Comment

Re: Speed question... let me dream!!!

Originally posted by poeee
                            I am after a cheap way to get into land speed.
                            Doesn't say original just cheap. Yeah I'm sure that you could upgrade the motor but to what extent it will help. Good luck.

Comment

Since your in australia look at getting the B3 DOHC from Japan. That was a stock motor for the festiva and it would offer a little bit more for adjusting.
                              The Festiva Store
                              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X