Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Festiva vs. 350Z, 350Z driver is telling the storie!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva vs. 350Z, 350Z driver is telling the storie!!!

So im driving down one of the main strips here in sacramento (Sunrise Blvd) and i see a Miata and a Ford Festiva, just like this one below, racing. I though that it was kinda silly but i notice that the Festiva was whoopin the Miata! So we get to the light and didnt think anything of it. The Festiva takes off and he has a half a car length on me!! I pop it into second, third and right when i get to redline on third i start pulling away from him. I was shocked! I didnt turn off VDC cause i thought that it would be a shoe in win so the VDC kicked in on 3rd gear and i thought that i was going to lose. We pull to another red light and i had to ask him what he had in there, he had swapped the motor with a mazda protege motor with after market headers. The guy was planning on adding a turbo soon as well. The thing was a total sleeper man you would never know! We raced again when i wasnt sleeping at the wheel and i got him by a car length.
    06 vw Bora
    09 Nissan Versa
    fastest B6T is back!!!
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

cool story, it's not everyday you get to race another festiva, especially one that's not stock

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

That was a 350 z racing MEXTIVA. Nice to hear it from another perpective. Cool story!
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

^^ oops, well i was just dreaming of festivas racing each other LOL

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Not Mextiva,I would have beated him so easy,Like the g35 I beat this morning on the freeway....
          06 vw Bora
          09 Nissan Versa
          fastest B6T is back!!!

Comment

^^ lol

Comment

That kind happened to me today.. Infinity 350GT.. The guy was shocked.. next light he was like wtf? Pulled into the Mickey Ds and got to talking.. he's definitely a fan now..

Comment

so you guys actually have beaten 350's n such with just the B6T swap?
                There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

Actually from the description, the guy didn't even have a B6T, just the more common NA BP.

That's an awesome story...

Comment

It depends on what was done to the BP. I didn't win either, but made him respect Casper. A stock N/A BP isn't all that fast, respectable but that's it. Casper's BP was built up from the block with a few aftermarket goodies. Hope I get the B6T installed in Techno before I blow the Festiva 5spd in Casper.

Comment

My B6T festiva is running comparable times with the stock twin turbo 350Z's.......Stock for stock I think its a good race.If the 350Z N/A with all bolt ons goes vs. a B6T Festiva With all bolt ons,The Z would not stand a chance......
                      06 vw Bora
                      09 Nissan Versa
                      fastest B6T is back!!!

Comment

I haven't had the chance to run a 350 against my BP, but I did have a mitsu put up a poor fight :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd
                          I haven't had the chance to run a 350 against my BP, but I did have a mitsu put up a poor fight :-)
                          Evo,Eclipse?
                          06 vw Bora
                          09 Nissan Versa
                          fastest B6T is back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd
                            i could always bring my N/A 300ZX to a meet for ya to race :lol: :lol:

Comment

nice story glad to hear some one give the festiva good coment. but speaking of fans.. i had my festiva out the other night at a friend and i went to sonic about 930pm and we ordered out food.. well when we went to sit down at the eat area since the festiva is to small for 2 nice size guys and food..lol but any ways when we sat down to eat i noticed about 7 or 8 people crouwded around the festiva so we went over to talk to them... all of them were amazed. we even raced one them in his foxbody mustang... we won by a few cars. but we refered some of them to the site.. im not sure if any came.. but they all def wanted to know all about the little car.
                              1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
                              festiva turbo b18 project
                              2001 BMW 325i
                              1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

Working...
                              X