why dont festivas produce 1/4 mile times better than 10's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why dont festivas produce 1/4 mile times better than 10's

i was just wondering if it was the prblem of hooking up or what it is the problem dose any one know of those kinds of times being produced by a festiva

no traction due to the weight, get some slicks, and no one has hit 10's yet. besides I know fast and the furious make 10's look easy but go to a open drag day any wheres, it isn't that easy

Comment

$$$$$, that's the reason. It takes a lot of money to get into the 10's. If you have money to build a fast car you probably wouldn't buy a festiva. So the people with money are driving Hondas.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
      BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
      BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
      New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

haha matt that is a ironic statement ;-) It is actually cheap to build a 10 second civic, but you have to have big um volleyballs to do it with a festiva;-)

Comment

aww dude i love fast and the furious thats my favriot movie lol but yeah why do you have to have big (volleyballs) to make a 10 sec festiva is that way unstable and shouldnt it be just as easy to build a festy just like a crx or a civic hachback other than the lack of after market

Comment

the lack of aftermarket is what makes it so difficult. Not much to choose from, not many people that have done it (none that we know of) and basically you are on your own for alot of modifications, because many shops either charge to much for custome work, or don't want to touch it.

Comment

That and the lack of a nice double wishbone suspension on all four corners. Have you looked at how much beefier the crx front susp is compared to the festy?
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I agree about the front suspension but I am partial to the i-beam in the rear considering we are fwd.

Comment

The front suspension is ALOT weaker than a Civic's double wishbone where the strength is needed for high HP FWD cars... Plus our chassis is weak as we have seen with CelicaGT's car on the dyno with "ONLY" 300whp... 10's would probably need close to 400whp and a perfect pass in a Festiva... Only benchracing since I don't have anything to compare it to but I would imagine it would be possible... -Kyle
                  Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

I can't really see a FWD festy doing 10s. I'm sure its possible, but it would require a ton of frame work and a completely redone front susp + some amazing slicks to try to get it to hook up.

now an AWD/RWD festy should be able to do it, but thats a lot of fab work too!
                    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

There was an older body (the body looking - 90's maybe?) Mustang at the bodyshop who did my first Festiva... That bad boy ran 10's and it was AMAZING to hear it start up. The kid drove that thing all over the place. Last I saw it, they molded the fenders and hood so everything popped off at once and it was black with orange and blue flames... Not sure where it's at today, but it was siiiiick!
                      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

ha this thread makes me laugh, because its true we are pretty much DIY. 90% choose to but im sure that 10% could afford to get someone to do it(if only there was anyone that could). Also aftermarket support for the Capri is nearly non-existant in my eyes because not even e-bay could find me and aftermarket online(or offline for that matter)catalog to buy anything for even the XR-2's. Really our only saving grace is FMS.COM!
                        Which i wanna talk to Chris and see if he would be willing to start selling the motor mounts for the B6 swap that use the Capri tranny().
                        There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper
                          I can't really see a FWD festy doing 10s. I'm sure its possible, but it would require a ton of frame work and a completely redone front susp + some amazing slicks to try to get it to hook up.
                          +1...there is a huge aftermamrket for the b6t...people forget about all the miata stuff...the capri/323 isnt the only car with a mazda b6 dohc motor in it. Even still, a fully built "flyin miata" 1.6 is only makin around 350 hp. With a gutted Fest with 350 hp and a drive line that wont rip right off the car...oh, and somebody who knows how to drive...it is possible. I don't see it happeing anytime soon though.

Fact is, although its tons of fun and we all love them...the Festiva just isnt the ideal platform for runnin those kind of times. The front suspension design on our cars is f'n scary.

my $0.02
                          ALPHA RACING
                          B6T FORD FESTIVA
                          13.46 @ 99.8 [STOCK SWAP w/ Festy Trans]

Comment

gone

"Superduder may or may not be a racist ..." -Pu241

WoW it's just orwelltastic here isn't it?

Comment

well i know a site that has stuff for the xr2 its call zxtuner.com check it out and if you dind anything usefull please pm me and let me know... id be glad to know if i helped any one out.
                              1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
                              festiva turbo b18 project
                              2001 BMW 325i
                              1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

Working...
                              X