heavy shuddering under load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavy shuddering under load

need some help, as the title says, only when under load and at speed, gets it bad accelerating in 3rd gear, disappears when coasting fast downhill, so i assume its not the tires or any of the front end steering bushings etc, all been replaced including drivers side cv drive shaft, my next move is to replace the passenger side cv drive shaft, but any input of an alternative causes would be welcome ty1

Check for play in the bearings and then the steering rack.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

hey mate, thanks for reply, there's minimal play in front bearings and they're not making any undue noise while driving,so i`m hoping/praying its not them. i have tried to get a look at the steering rack bushings but i cant get a good look but they sort of look ok, from what i can see, i think, unsure how to check the rack for play, apart from rocking the steering wheel back and forth it seems all right, no excessive play there, in my pinion LOL, i need to get new front tyres soon so i will get the "pros":woc: to check to see whats going on. hoping to be able to fix whatever the issue is myself
      Last edited by cathari5; 05-30-2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Yeah the car has to be jacked up with no load on the wheels to be able to check for some of the steering rack stuff. I found one so bad that you could move the arm front to back about 5mm.
        "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
        sigpic
        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
        "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
        "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
        "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Should be moved to the "repair help" section?

Car #789
          Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
          1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
          1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
          http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

Working...
          X