• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Entries for November FOTM

Post away!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

i like november. i have to write something up since mine is mostly finished...
    YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

too much typing involved

I am the original

Comment

Originally posted by mechanicaldj View Post
        too much typing involved
        Start now and have it ready for December FOTM!
        Bet your has a good story behind it, add a few pics and your done!
        Now understand we want to hear about the car not its owner!
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Feastero

I would like to submit my fathers build for festiva of month.The car is a 1990 with 120k miles. Auto trans and a/c. The wheels are factory alloys that have been professionally polished. All of the conversion was done in spare time with little cost , except for the aluminum checker plate which cost appx $150, $50 for the graphics, and $65 to have a tonneau cover custom made (not pictured).

The chrome plate was formed by hand on a workbench with a vise and rubber hammer. My father ran a bodyshop and garage for my entire childhood until around 1985 when he was called into the ministry. He closed the shop, and has been a Southern Baptist pastor ever since, however; he still owns the shop and does some work/projects/wrecker calls with and for fellow friends and Christians.

The rear panel was cut to fit from a junk 1967 chevrolet c-10 truck on its way to the scrapper.

Last edited by Damkid; 10-24-2008, 03:04 AM. Reason: more info/pics
          '89 Isuzu Trooper
          '98 Toyt Previa

Comment

dacus has my vote :-)

It would be cool if you covered the rear strut towers with sheet metal and made them look like the wheel wells in the back of a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
              dacus has my vote :-)
              Who's gonna compete against that? I say we forgo the vote and grant the award. Dang that's nice.
              '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
              '02 F-150 Supercrew
              '02 Excursion 4x4
              '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

^^ I second that! Thats awsome! Your dad has some awsome talent! body work is definately not my feild!! Well done!
                1990 Festiva
                - 5 spd. swap
                - B6 SOHC swap
                - Custom Interior
                **********Currently Under MAJOR Reconstruction ************

Comment

I vote for the FESTERO!!!

(btw, I see a trooper MK1 in the background. trooper FTW!)

Comment

(chanting) FESTERO! FESTERO! FESTERO!
                    91 lx 4d hatch - first car and would be my father's dd if he would fix the waterpump
                    91 lx 2d hatch - parts car
                    92 lx-e - the quick, beat-up rustbucket
                    98 se - the luxury dd
                    in search of a festy...
                    Going quickly in a slow car is more fun than going fast in a fast car, cause anyone can go fast in a fast car, but you take a car that is essentially not that powerful, and make it do things that its not supposed to be able to do, well that's where the real fun is. - Jay Leno

Comment

you know what my favorite part about the festro is, somebody put A LOT of work into it, and it looks great, it could be a show car, but NO you actually use it as a truck, thats AWESOME! favorite part about it, u get my vote every time
                      (GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
                      95k Original miles
                      New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

Ford_For_Life's Entry- "Old Red"

I'll give it a shot and enter my 1990 Festiva L aka "Old Red" for FOTM.

Heres the story:
                        I had been trying to by a Festiva for a long time, I had always remembered my Mom's blue GL she had when I was younger:

That car might have been my first car If my parents wouldn't have sold it after the deer incident.
                        That car is what made me start to think about Festivas and then I found this Great site, and I had been trying to buy one for about 6 months. I had luck finding them, but no luck finding one to buy. They either weren't for sale or they wanted way too much for them. I probably tried to buy at least 7 of them with no luck! There were lots of ups and downs during my festiva search, I almost gave up a few times but seeing all the cool Festivas on this site inspired me to keep looking and to not give up. Then I remembered that one of my old friends had said one time that his dad had some Festivas sitting in his yard. So I started talking to him about it, and he said he had 2 that he would sell me. So that weekend Me, my Dad, Brother, and Grandpa went to check the cars out. One was a wrecked Lx automatic

And the other was a Red 1990 L 5-spd w/AC and 211,000 miles

I passed on the Gray Lx and bought the Red L for $500
                        2 weeks after that I got the car towed to it's new home

After we got it off the trailer

It came with 1 Trim ring

Here is some of the work I've done to it so far
                        Smooth Taillights were put on it
                        Fixed the grill (This is what it was held in with before)

New clips courtesy of Cubstiva (Thanks!!)

Fixed

After fixing the grill I waxed it and cleaned the tires

Jumpstarting it with the Mustang

Anyway back to the info on the car, the car was my Friend's grandma's and she drove it, then parked it when it started running not so great, it had been sitting since 2004. But it fired right up and drove up on the trailer fine, after I got it home I drained out the bad gas and put in fresh. I also changed the oil and oil filter, and now it's running alot better. I also got a new air filter, spark plugs, and fuel filter.

Here are some more pictures of my progress on Old Red
                        Stripped most of the interior

Cleaning the spare tire

Seats

I may be getting a full set of matching seats like that one, out of the car that that seat was taken from

Here are some things I need to correct/fix on the car (i'll let the pics do the talking)

I'll replace most of this trim

Rust Repair

Built back up with fiberglass

After filled in (i'm not completely done yet)

Engine work

Old vs. New air filter

New fuel filter

Old plugs

After changing the oil and filter, draining the old gas and putting fresh in, and replacing those parts it is running ALOT better now! The car had sat since 2004 before I bought it! It starts right up and runs pretty good for having 211,000 miles on it

My future plans for it are to:
                        -Rebuild or swap a low mileage B3 in it
                        -Fix the rust and repaint it
                        -Paint the wheels black
                        -Rebuild the suspension and brakes (possibly do an aspire swap)
                        -Buy 3 more trim rings if I don't do the Aspire Brake swap
                        -Clean it up more and give it the TLC that these great cars deserve
                        -Might be getting a set of LX seats, LX mirrors, Hatch w/wiper.

That is "Old Red" my 1990 Festiva L 5-spd w/AC and 211,000 miles.
                        Last edited by Festiva_Fred; 10-21-2008, 08:03 PM.
                        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

(stops chanting "FESTERO", admires old red, shrugs, and goes back to chanting "FESTERO")

FESTERO, FESTERO, FESTERO!
                          91 lx 4d hatch - first car and would be my father's dd if he would fix the waterpump
                          91 lx 2d hatch - parts car
                          92 lx-e - the quick, beat-up rustbucket
                          98 se - the luxury dd
                          in search of a festy...
                          Going quickly in a slow car is more fun than going fast in a fast car, cause anyone can go fast in a fast car, but you take a car that is essentially not that powerful, and make it do things that its not supposed to be able to do, well that's where the real fun is. - Jay Leno

Comment

festero do an excellent job for the amendment, bringing its festy to another level .. the level TRUCK.. good job..
                            if I write badly....thanks google translator

Comment

I'm guessing that festero is going to win, but I still going for old red!!!
                              -Josh R

Comment

Working...
                              X