Accepting Entries for December FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Entries for December FOTM

As always all festivas are welcome but lets see as many red and green festivas!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

*Cough Cough* Gomez *Cough Cough*

Comment

Fester II

My story starts years ago. My high school days. I had an 93' aqua Festiva. He was mighty and proud and stood the test of time and of a teenagers driving habits. But unfortunatly he was taken from me in a accident.

With out a house or even a job, as I had just moved to a new city, I had no where to keep and fix him and so it was.

Years passed and so did the cars. Celicas, Toyota trucks, but none felt right. I sold the truck with nothing to drive more or less hopeing fate would take care of the rest. And it did.

With 148,000 kms I found the car I wanted, a 1993 aqua Fesitva.

It was my old car reincarnated. It needed no work........nothing.
      It has been a year almost to the day that I have had this car and it has changed quite a bit.

First it was a spoiler.

A console.

A boot for the console!

The bug spread and soon more and more mod's came!

AND MORE!!!

Some 13's!

Extra gauges(volt and vacuum)

And grille mods and complete mazda rebadgeing

He has met other festers along the way

Even has a new brother!

But one thing is for sure. Fester II is the best car I have ever had.

And he wears his sticker proudly!

I'd like to thank all who continue to support the site and have given me inspiration and ideas.

I end my story for now with some 'glamour shot's. But remember this story is far from over. There is many more mods I plan to do, not limited to either an engine swap or build up, lowering springs, rear wiper, sway bar, various body strengthening...and what ever else i think of.

Last edited by Damkid; 11-22-2008, 06:39 PM.

-Scott
      Aqua 93 L
      Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
      White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Nice entry leapin!
        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Looking good leapin!
          Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
          99 Dodge Caravan SE
          95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
          94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
          78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
          78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
          03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
          95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
          95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
          95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

MY Festiva Story

My story began the day I could drive. I've always loved fast, fun and unique cars. I used to buy and sell cars in high school to make money and have the coolest ride in the lot. I owned a 400hp Nissan 240SX, a 300hp Toyota MR2 and a Galant VR-4 by the time I turned age 17. I've probably bought and sold over 30 cars in the past 5 years. Cars are my passion. One day after searching the web for my next car, a friend told me about this very forum. After my first visit I was hooked. The very thought of a festiva with a turbo engine swapped into it made me chuckle with delight. Within 2 weeks, I was desperately looking to buy a B6T swapped Festiva. Then one fateful evening one appeared on the for sale forum. The only problem was that it was in Atlanta, GA and I lived in Minneapolis, MN. Well I told the guy to hold it and bought a plain ticket. 3 days later I jumped out of a taxi and into a McDonalds parking lot somewhere in Atlanta with nothing more than than the cloth's on my back and a wad of cash. Then I saw it shining in the Georgia sun. I went over to it, the owner said hello and asked for if I had the money. I gave him the money he gave me a title, bill of sale and keys. Then left as fast as he appeared saying he was in a hurry, to be careful and no tot kill myself. I had never been inside a festiva before, the first thing I noticed was how roomie it was. I fired up the engine and revved it a few times just to hear the tone of the exhaust and blow off valve, it was great. I hit the open road in my new festiva, it cruised from Georgia to Minnesota like a pair of skates on fresh ice. I drove it around Minnesota for a year or so. Then loaded it up with all my belongings and moved to Colorado for school. I've bought and sold many cars worth thousands more than my festiva, but it's the longest car I've ever owned and by far my favorite. I've had people follow me and take pictures rolling down the window and asking if it's really turbo charged. It's been a crazy ride in my festiva and I've loved every minute of it. From the road trips to smoking unsuspecting street racers and old men in corvettes. The festiva is truly one of the greatest cars ever maid in my opinion. Many ordinary people call it the crappiest car ever produced. The rest of the world doesn't see them in the same way that all the enthusiast and I do. It's okay, I don't really care what they think, they don't know what there missing.

here are some pictures of my festy!

Last edited by FestivaGuy37; 11-10-2008, 04:22 PM.
            1989 B6T Festiva...... it is a constant work in progress.

Comment

Nice story need more pictures,under hood,interior?
              Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
              99 Dodge Caravan SE
              95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
              94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
              78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
              78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
              03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
              95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
              95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
              95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Two good entries so far. Let's see some more.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

more pictures

Can someone tell me how to post full size pics please. i'm an idiot with computers. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaGuy37 View Post
                    Can someone tell me how to post full size pics please. i'm an idiot with computers. Thanks
                    Go to www.photobucket.com, create an account if you don't have one. Upload all your pictures. Once uploaded you can generate [IMG] tags for all the pictures. Simply copy and paste the tags from photobucket into your post and they will show up.

Comment

images

Sounds good i'll check it out. Thanks

Comment

Aww just red and green Festies? I'll guess I'll wait for january's FOTM...LOL just kidding!!! I just want to finish up the details before posting, like patching/painting the body's rough spots and finishing my round headlight conversion...Keep an eye open though!!!
                        The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Year, Make/Model: 1991 Festiva GL

History of Car: hand-me-down car from my sister. drove it down to miami, still alive. daily driven.

Current modifications: B6 swap, full Exhaust, tint, wheels and tires, redone interior, new speakers, 6" subs, head unit, painted brakes. relocated battery. strobe lights in the headlights

Planned Modifications: body kit and fresh paint whenever I get around to it. but i've been busy being in art college. and im looking for a grille to modify

Last edited by xanthinic12; 11-21-2008, 02:44 PM. Reason: now with strobe lights!
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
                          Paulbarrera12.com
                          Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

whew......great story !

Terrific !

Great story and pics !!

Comment

Working...
                            X