• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Entries For May FOTM

Post away!!!!!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

we should do a "best picture" or "abstract picture" for FOTM

Its my bday in May so I think I should win automatically.
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

Originally posted by project b6t View Post

its all about the story of the car, not the car that looks the best in a pictre

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

lameeeee
        Ian Carr
        88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
        99' S70 T5M- faster DD
        86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

Kay, I'll submit mine! A 92 5-speed.

I bought it late summer, last year. $400. It needed work, but ran well enough for a daily driver. It's seen it's share of work thus far, as well as it's share of miles. It's seen a camping trip where me and two buddies of mine slept inside it for two nights, rather than using our tent! lol It was also on that trip I overshot a spot when I drove up a small incline. I was just looking for a spot out of the way from the main road (backroad) to park for the night. It ended up that we got stuck there the night anyways. haha All worked out though, we pulled it out fine in the morning. But, there's plenty more of those trips to come. My friends like it too! Dubbed the "character car".

When I made the deal to buy my buddies Festiva project (with the B6T) I decided some of his stuff would be better suited to my DD Festiva. Sport interior. Power windows. I also have a gauge cluster with tach and a center console going in. This is in addition to some repairs I've been making, and am in the process of making, using parts in good shape from his extra parts.

The PO made a custom speaker box for the hatch cover. It's pretty good. I put an amp inside it and ran power to that. I did a radio delete with a power supply switch for the amp. I just plug my iPhone directly into that. It works well.

All in all, this is becoming the car I'm most attached to, well especially being as that it shares that attachment with my project Festiva. I'm really into these cars now though, and this car is where it started!

Last edited by Damkid; 04-22-2009, 02:43 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Not so quick Dude. My birthday is in May too.
            '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
            '02 F-150 Supercrew
            '02 Excursion 4x4
            '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

mine to dude

Comment

lameeeee
                i guess that means you won't be posting

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
                I'm sorry I don't have pictures up just yet. I don't have a computer running (been using my iPhone for the Internet). I will take some pictures and get them posted this week!
                Once you get pics up i'll add them into your submission for you
                Last edited by Damkid; 04-01-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

lol... my bday is in may too... just cuz its your b-day dont mean its should be yours....

(should be mine lol jk)
                  -Tim
                  93 Festy L- Little Red
                  98 Ranger- The golf ball
                  92 Accord- The $20 car (R.I.P)
                  73 F-100 (looking for a 302)

"Wait... you mean they pay people to fix their cars? Idiots..."

Comment

Me too! I like the idea of abstract pics, but yeah - stories are everything!

Comment

I 'll give it a try:

I was walking down the jy looking for a carb for my 75 lincoln when My daughter asked me if this little white car was an Ice Cream Cart (The one the ice cream man pushe's while he is walking and ringin' the bell)parked outside of th JY so Wife and I laughed and walked closer to the car to see it, and explain to my 6 y.o. daughter that there was no ice cream in it. The owner of the 1993 ford festiva gl asked me if I liked the car and Luna (my daughter) replied;Yes, He told us that he was selling it for $600 bucks and that it didn't passed smog. Since a car in CA needs smog I thought it would be cool to work on it and try to fix it myself.

A couple of weeks later in mid october '08 I called him back to see if he still had the car he did but now someone hit the front fender driver side, since he heard me not that much into the car anymore we agreed to meet to view the car again, while I was test driving it he asked me what was the highest price I would pay for it, and this automatic 1.3 has power and it is a gas zipper and I only had $300 cash with me.

Let me say that Luna Loves her car I just borrow it to go to work and take her out.

This is our first Festiva, and we love our Ice Cream Cart.

Last edited by Damkid; 04-10-2009, 09:37 AM.
                      :evil4: Live & Learn

Comment

^^you got to include at least one pic of your festiva

Comment

Rookie

Sorry, Let me try to put some pic's
                          :evil4: Live & Learn

Comment

I better not enter mine then. There is no way I can compete with a cute little girl hugging the car. LOL
                            http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
                            88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
                            88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
                            06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

^^Sweet dude! It has a sunroof...cargo cover...Nice rims...any other cool features? I love the color!...the cute little girl helps.
                              89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

Working...
                              X