No announcement yet.

Accepting Entries For September FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i feel like i'm the laughing stock of the festiva community!
    Amazing Amanda

Comment

^^Your festiva looks to be in great condition compared to some that i've seen/owned, so its nothin to be ashamed of

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by aglatfe1 View Post
        i'm trying to take off the decal that says Sun Festiva because I don't like being an outcast! it's not working though!
        Originally posted by aglatfe1 View Post
        i feel like i'm the laughing stock of the festiva community!
        whats wrong with crazy decals down the side? i got a freaking zipper on mine i LOVE it

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Wow...I predict some intense voting!
          Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
          The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

engine pic

How about some engine pictures please?

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              How about some engine pictures please?
              How about these engine pics on Redford, a possible September canidate. Ill see if I get some time to get a write up togather.

Last edited by freshtiva; 08-06-2009, 08:56 PM.
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

^^ nice fresh.
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Redford

Does Redford have cruise?
                  Also what car are those hood struts off of?
                  Wow, clean.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    Does Redford have cruise?
                    Also what car are those hood struts off of?
                    Wow, clean.
                    Yes it has cruise but it no longer works and I believe the struts were off of a Saab. One would be enough. You have to watch your chin when you open the hood as it is now with two.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow

[QUOTE=neanderpaul;248631]Well for the first time ever neanderpaul has a worthy entry.

This is my 1993 Festiva GL. It is an automatic with air. A first for me on both counts as far a daily drivers go. I have known this festiva for bout 9 years. A friend from church owned it since it had 6000 miles on it in 1994. About 2 years ago I sold him and installed a headlight. Last year I bought steering rack boots from festiva motorsport as his mechanic couldn't find any! :lol: A mouse had chewed them through. We always knew when he was done with it I would get it. We talked about festivas often. I got it last month with just 105,xxx original miles on it. He sold it to me for $500. He was sad but glad to see it in good hands. I mean I'm no freshtiva, but I love festivas as much! It was solid white (see first pics). Since I have never liked the body colored bumpers and I think all cars look better trimmed in black off I went. All upgrades so far are cosmetic. I may consider a b6 swap in the future but right now it runs so great and has such low miles I can't bring myself to touch it. Mods so far are black spoiler, black painted - center of hood, center bar of 89 grille , bumpers, molding, and rear license plate surround. I added 90 LX specific "swoopy" power mirrors, tracer interior chrome door handles, a 3 outlet 12 volt power station, 88 smoothies, tracer interior dome light with map light upgrade. It has the original factory radio that actually sounds good with no static in the knobs and it actually looks good too. Factory cargo cover and factory alloys to boot! Of the goodies listed but not pictured I will add more pics asap.

That is georgeous !!

I love the color matched bumpers tho. I have an '88 LX in white, and it does have the black bumpers....so they look good too really !
                      Love your story and entry...I would have to leave it as you got it...in appearance anyway.
                      Thanks for your posting,

MJD

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                        How about these engine pics on Redford, a possible September canidate. Ill see if I get some time to get a write up togather.

Oh My Gosh !! That is one beautiful car...should still be making them like that !

MJD

Comment

Warp engine pics as promised and a little more of an update. This GL came with manual mirrors. I added 90 LX swoopies and an orange "letter" power mirror switch from an 88 LX. The switch was bad. Thanks to Geneva Dirt I have a fully functional white "letter" power mirror switch. Thanks Willie! . And thanks to Festivus I have a white letter instrument cluster with tach! The mileage read 233,XXX when I got it. I set the miles to exactly match the mileage on the festiva today. It read 106,236. Thanks Matt!

I used a piece of cardboard and a crude sketch to keep up with the different size screws and bolts on the cluster.

Note the color matched heelys sticker in this cargo cover picture. It's been 11 years for me on heelys. I've never seen anybody within 15 years of my age on heelys. :lol:

I use a reusable rubbery post it tack type material to move my GPS around my different vehicles. I never liked them up on the windshield.

Here is my 3 plug power station. It powers my cell phone charger, my ipod touch charger.....

and my small power inverter. I always used the ashtray holder as a cup holder. Now it holds my power inverter that is designed for cup holders.

Map light upgrade..

The mighty LOW mileage B3...

Swoopies...

A STACK of receipts and hand written record from the p.o.

The n.o. (new owner :lol: ) in a state of bliss due to the sweet relief to be back in a daily driver festiva.

And a hitch hiker. Yes I need to put on the caps.

I have in my sites a 91 323 with the B6 and auto tranny. It has the 4 speed with lock up. it only has 70K miles on it. That is the drive train that will be in this festiva after I get the BPstiva on the road.
                          More hitchhikers!!!

Last edited by neanderpaul; 08-12-2009, 11:36 PM.
                          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Nice Paul ! Are you using the original equipment baby seat buckle ?
                            sigpic

Comment

No Marcus. I remember seeing one one time. How does it work?
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Got me, Ive got a couple of unopened ones though. Your kids are so cute, you must be a proud papa.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X