• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Entries For November FOTM

Post away!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

We are new to the forum and I have learned a whole lot about these cars and I know my daughters car probably doesn't have a chance in the world but its worth a try. Its a 91' with 109000 miles, nothing special, that was given to her by her aunt Terry. She learned how to drive in this car and how to drive a stick (WOW that was fun). The car needs some work but the body is pretty much rust free, the paint is a little faded yet is is silver of course its faded lol. But it runs great for sitting for 4 and a half years. I told her I was going to enter it in the FOTM vote and she said "yeah right dad they wont ever pick my car but that would be kool" but you never know I said. She laughed at me when I told her that I was going to the STL meet in Nov.because she has no idea what kind of following these cars have. Hell I didn't even know until I found this website, but you know how kids are! She loves her little car and me myself im getting addicted to these little guys so much I want one to fix up and trick out. So if you guys in Ford Festiva land would ever decide to pick her car for FOTM her friends would freak out because they never see any of these cars driving around very often. I will get some more pictures up by the weekend of her car inside and out. So don't make up your mind until you see all the pictures. lol Any questions about the car I will certainly answer.

Well lets start with the outside

She still looks pretty good for her age and for sitting for 4 years

Now this is the worst of the dents, im going to hate taking the whole inside apart to get to the inside to fix this. Oh yeah this is my DIY car my daughter and I are going to learn hoe to do body work with the help of my UNC.

She loves the rear wiper but I wish we had the rear defogger window. When my sister in laws boyfriend was still driving it someone broke out the back window and stole all of his electrician tools. So after searching and searching they only found a regular window, so noe my search is on for a rear defogger window.

How funny is this, When i was washing the car yesterday I was thinking to myself I wish this car had pop out windows. Now we have had this car for about a year and a half: and my 11 year old son said " dad it does look" and i'll be damn it did. Boy I felt stupid.LOL

It need a new decal hopefully I can find them still.

This is the worst of the paint which is on the hood but it is silver and everyone knows how silver is.

So I need some honest opinions which looks better the clear or the amber corner light. We just cant make up our minds. The other thing we like about the car is the painted bumpers, they look better than the black ones IMO.Now for the inside.

As you can see it has the better door panels but I think all GLs have them. And the door jams have no rust and are really clean. And dont laugh about the femine hygene products on the floor, (remember she is a girl)LOLOLOL

Now dont laugh at her bad ass sound system, the stock speakers suck and you know how teens are with their music, so I hooked her up with some old speakers from my shed. Hey they look silly but they work and don't sound to bad either.

The dash is really good condition with no cracks. Now after looking at other peoples rides I love the RX7 3 spoke steering wheel.

All the seats are in good condition except the driver seat has one cig. burn hole in it, but no rips or tears.

Big plus The head liner is in excellent condition which surprises me. Most older cars this and the seats are the first to get torn up.

As you can see this is the miles all original, not bad for a 91'. Yes I have seen less miles on other cars but IMO this is pretty good for the year.

Here are two pictures of the motor one is better than the other. Now after 2 cans of engine degreaser and a mess on my driveway (UUURRRGGGHHH) she looks 100% better if you can believe that. The A/C blows cold and the heat works great starts every time and she sounds real good. Right now Im just trying to get ride of the oil leak. I'm using BARS stop leak oil seal conditioner (THANKS to TominMO for the info) so we will see how she does. You know for this being a free car and her first car it will do just fine for now and hopefully it will still be around for my son to drive in 5 years, well if its up to me it will be still around. Now some of the future things I want to do to her Festy are the body work and paint job for sure, Miata daisy wheels, tint the windows put in a new stereo, rear spoiler and I was thinking of a body kit, but not sure, they look pretty good with or without. I not going to go nuts with her Festy but I want it to stand out because I will tell you I have not ever seen one ever fixed up around her in my neck of the woods. But with some dedication and money (hopefully not to much, LOL) hopefully by the end of summer next year it will be finished. With this and that being said, we would appreciate the honor and consideration for being selected as the FOTM November winner
    Last edited by Damkid; 10-09-2009, 03:31 PM.
    Lifes to short to sweet the small stuff. Enjoy everyday like it was the last.:p

Comment

Pics! We need pics! And never doubt that you can win! Its not just about the car its about the story behind it as well. I offer this as proof.
      Enter your Festiva, Aspire, 121 or Pride. Everyone has a chance, enter as often as you like!
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

ok here it goes:
        i bought the car back on 03-2009 it is a 90 L-plus with 218,xxx. on the way home the fuel tank had a leak and the alternator went out, i made it to musclecar's parents and replaced it the next morning. after i fixed the alternator i drove it the the shop where it took them a month and half to fix the fuel tank and exhaust. here is where it gets interesting, i unjured me knee on 4-4-09 and wouldnt work or drive for 3 months. my wife had to teach her self how to drive manual trans. i painted the interior gloss back and dark blue, and installed 13 inch rims, when i was ok'ed to drive and work i bought fms lowering springs and gr2 struts and replaced the carpet with gloss black diamond plate. and yes it is a Daily Driver
        here are the pics when i bought it

here is what it used to look like

And this is how it looks right now, and this was my first time painting with a spray gun

[/

hope you like it i love my car
        Last edited by Damkid; 10-09-2009, 03:36 PM. Reason: forgot a link
        1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
        1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
        1983 Chevy Elcamino
        1993 Ford Festiva GL
        2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
        some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

so tempted to put my aspire up here. Am i allowed to post aspire pics? Since its a festiva in aus?
          Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
          .:: 1997 Aspire ::. The Glowspire. Revived project
          .:: 1998 Aspire ::. The Glowspire red bean. Current Project

My Ford Aspire DIY Wing Conversion
          Glow_Mouse's 97' Glowspire
          Glow_Mouse's 98' Glowspire
          Ford Aspire Forum Here!
          Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 1!
          Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 2!

Comment

Ask FestyMick. He was a winner with his Festiva/Aspire.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

I dont know what happened to my post but its all jacked up now. It was good earlier just how it was suppost to IDK. If someone can help me fix it I will fix it. Like I have a chance to win now.
              Last edited by taytay91; 10-04-2009, 07:51 PM. Reason: forgot to add quote

Comment

PM Damkid. He can fix it for you.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

okay since im allowed. Here's my spire!

Back in 2004, My sister's friend had a car for sale, and at that stage i wasnt too picky about what i wanted, As long as it had 4 wheels, an engine that turns over and something i could really see sporty. So i paid in AUS $$. 5.5k instead of 6k. Which was a bargain to say the least. It was more or less brand new, 1 owner. 97.000kms on the OD. Had stock hubcaps everything was stock. I do have the original prints of the car around here somewhere.

1yr had past since i bought it, comin to the end of the school year, my senior year 2005, I took my car to school for the first time, and unfortunately someone was either a bitch or really dumb and scraped my right side door, left a dent and a black mark, i intend of getting that dent out one day. Black mark's gone but! After learning about Fordaspire.com, I immediately started designing an intake system, with a little help from my father in the engineering trade, I managed to fabricate a nice intake system that needless to say, Gives my spire plenty of kick. After that it was all go go goes on the engine mods. But not before i could ship up some sideskirts from NSW AUSTRALIA. www.ssv.com.au Thank you very much.

The car had an experimental wing. Something RICE but something i wanted to try. Worked out for 1.5yrs until i was busted by cops one night. Wing was removed the following day. The entire project was first inspired by an aftermarket cannon exhaust muffer fitted by my cousin in 2006. After that, everything changed. I was really happy with the way it turned out, sounded great. Mind you, there was no other modifications on the car at this stage. Just a stock radio, and everything else stock. Just the muffler. Then i went beserk, Started querying part retailers, Body Fabricators, performance garages, Wrecking yards! Anything and everything i could possibly do to modify my car's performance and cosmetic appearance. With the addition of the exhaust redo, the old spire was sounding a bit RICE fartcanish...Which wasnt a bad thing until someone pointed out the difference between pro performance and just trying to stand out.

*Breathe!*

Continuing....
                  2007 rolled in. Got an mp3/sd/cdr/usb radio for my birthday and some 6x9's xplod speakers for a starter setup soundsystem. Universal Studio's should of never made "the fast n furious" movies. All my ideas have forked off every single one of those movies. From actuators under the hood, To chassis neon. After that nothing much happened with the car until 2008 when i started working a decent job, I had saved up enough cash to afford 15" rims for her. By this stage i had my sideskirts painted and on the car. Mid 2008 yr. A lot of things started happening to the car, Installation of a starter intake system. K&N filter installed to the stock pipe. 2 weeks later alloy intake was installed, Aftermarket headers were ordered from www.hitechheaders.com.au, shipped and fitted in a month of each other. 1 guage bought, Tacho. Sat mounted to the dashboard for about 6months unhooked. 6th month in 2008. Bought a Haynes repair manual, learnt a ton about the car, wirings, general fitting info, servicing specs. Tacho was immediately hooked up and operational. Low rpms...

*beathe*

Wasnt happy with the sluggish performance, low takeoff speed. Ordered Topgun 10mm sparkplug leads ordered from www.topgunleads.com.au and BSK Sparkplugs. Left it overnight. Took the missus to work...Car redlines often now.
                  Faster acceleration, harder revs. 2009 Rolls in. New rear bar is fabricated to suit the car...

(after 8months of waiting...)

Rear bar is fitted. Blue Stripes, Sapphire color. Tribal design found off the net. Printed and attached to the car. Did a gearbox in the start of 2009, replaced the parts $890 new gearbox and clutchkit. Just recent re-adjusted the clutch. By this time neons were fitted and connected to a single stage switch. Front,rear,both sides, interior,enginebay and boot. Amplifier and sub woofer installed. Aftermarket steering wheel was installed 1 week after the first intake modifications were complete. Had to order the bosskit from Sydney. Brand Calibre.
                  So now im waiting on the front bar to be finished.

So yea, that's my car in a nutshell.

Thanks for readin. ~mouse

ps. In case yall didnt already pick this up, I was goin for that tuner look. I plan on lowering her and attaching all those goofy supporter stickers to the doors. once of course. I get my turbo system all setup and working properly.

The Glowspire. 97 Model WD Festiva/Aspire

My baby.

Night shot of her lighting up the night.

The modified rear bar.

Glamour shot just after it was washed.

Another one, but on the side. Beautiful isnt it?

an interior shot, Unfortunately my camera blurs everything if there's not enough light.

An engine shot of the current setup. Wanting to change it. Soon!

Well there we are. Glowspire from down under!

~mouse
                  Last edited by Damkid; 10-09-2009, 03:19 PM.
                  Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
                  .:: 1997 Aspire ::. The Glowspire. Revived project
                  .:: 1998 Aspire ::. The Glowspire red bean. Current Project

My Ford Aspire DIY Wing Conversion
                  Glow_Mouse's 97' Glowspire
                  Glow_Mouse's 98' Glowspire
                  Ford Aspire Forum Here!
                  Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 1!
                  Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 2!

Comment

Come on Mouse! Lets hear the story behind it!

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

Much better story and good luck to all....
                      -Greg
                      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09
                      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

taytay91 - i updated your entry and fixed your pictures for you

Marinepolice - i added in your new pictures of your car

and Glow Mouse i updated your entry as well

Great entries so far!!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post

Great entries so far!!!
                          X2!!

And taytay91, I would never have noticed those feminine hygiene products if you hadn't mentioned them.
                          And FWIW, I'm a purist, so I like my amber corner lights, but I do think on the silver car, the clears look great.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Thanks DAMKID for the fix. And Batstiva, I have asked a few people about the amber/clear and several have said keep the amber. Question thou, I have not seen any festys with the clear corners, so when did these come around? So we went to my nephews wedding last night and the original owner of the our festy was there (my sister-in-laws boyfriend) and I was showing him the pictures I took and how clean it is now and WOW he was so suprised. He told me a little more of the story of the car. He said he bought it in Austin Texas where he lived at the time. Well his son always wanted his car and he was suppost to give it to him, but sadly he passed away right after his 14th birthday from juvenille diabetes. So Joe (the owner) drove the car until it got broke into and then thats when it started the sitting process. They said so many people came by to ask if the car is for sale and the answer was no, he said I just cant part from it. Well Joe took a fancy to my daughter Taylor aka TAYTAY and she asked him one day what he was going to do with the car. He said well taylor, im not sure yet. Well as the day progresses and the bbq was over and we were getting ready to leave, Joe said to Tay, if you want the car i will give it to you but you have to promise me you or your dad can never get rid of it unless it gets wrecked or if it gets stolen. She was so happy at 14 she had a car. Well two years later 65.00 for a lost title later and its legal and I can't keep this girl home. Its all good though. I would have put this in my original post but I some of the stuff I didnt know.
                            Last edited by taytay91; 10-10-2009, 10:47 AM. Reason: mispelled words

Comment

I'd watch out for Joe taking a fancy to my daughter......
                              -Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                              X