Accepting Entries For January FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Entries For January FOTM

This being the start to a fresh year, any previous winners are free to submit again!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Still looking for entries

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Well ill give it a try if i can since this weekend i will be putting a new bp into the festiva because the first one needs a rebuild. Im at work now but ill post pics and more info when i get home.

BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Comment

When your ready i'll update your entry with your new pics!

I will update anyones entry right up until voting time, but not after voting has started

Comment

Well it all started when i was allot younger and my cousins got a festiva sport i believe. It was a 5spd it had the wing and all the options plus for some reason ill always remember this stupid metal skull shifter that would always burn your hand if it even saw the tiniest amount of sun light. Then finally last year i was in search of a winter car/second project car. So after some looking i got my first festiva it was no prize winner there was a small hole in the floor from rust and a few dents. At the end of winter i was back to driving my turbo focus and had old blue parked next to the house.
          Until one day a friend of mine said he had some 13's that would fit my car and that we should put them on for fun. After this point i decided it was time to get this festiva moving and started the hunt for a bp. As time went on i figured i should fix the hole in the floor of old blue and see what the rust was really like everywhere else. Unfortunately the rust after looking was worse than i thought so the hunt for a car began too.
          After the rust experience on old blue my urge to do the swap was at a all time low until i found a add on kijiji.ca. The add said that there was a 89 323 1.6l gt being parted out now i knew i needed that trans because it was a cable clutch and it would be better than the stock plus the axels are easy to find and swap right in. So i went to farm where the car was and got the trans, axels, and a cool old school momo race wheel with a few other goodies. Now with this i was much more motivated so i put the blue festiva for sale and continued looking.
          A few weeks later i found a bp for a ok price and all the other components i needed for the swap, but i still had no car. Until i found a red festiva for sale in a small town 30mins from home. I immediately called the number on the add to check the car out and i was out of the house in 5min and on my way. Turned out the car was way better in person than on the picture and that picture was real good. Later i found out that the car was a PTL and it turns out that there was a retired body man in this town that buys tons of these cars and fixes them up. The car got its structural exam in 2008 and the people have had the car since then.
          i went over that car with a fine toothed comb looking for major rust or mass amounts of bondo(ya i used a magnet lol.) and i found nothing. A few days later i bought the car and sold old blue to some kid and now i was ready for swap time.

LINK TO SWAP THRED.
          vvvvvvvv
          Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)

After that night mare was finished there was a few things i had to do like finish exhaust and do some work on the intake plus trim/clean up mounts. For the exhaust i went with a custom 2.25 no cat no res only one muffler and man was that a bad idea i couldn't hear my self think. PLans are to get a resonator put in very soon once new bp is in. I drove the car regularly for quite a while until i noticed the oil consumption was a bit on the high side and it was smoking at high rpms and between shifts. The bp when i got it had i think 239,000km and was sitting for quite a while so i figured i would try to replace the stem seals. Unfortunately they made no difference and as the weather got colder so did the smoking until i decided it needed to be rebuilt. So i looked at the cost of rebuild VS try a different engine and i found a bp with 180,000km that a guy will sell for 125 so im on the way to pic it up the weekend and the bp festiva will be good to go.

Future plans for the car for to looks is to see if i can find a painted bumper and get my hands on a wing. As for the suspension i plan to run some FMS springs and get some new shocks also replace all the bushings. The BP i plan to do the exhaust intake cam swap and make some more hp plus get a header.

Ill will be adding more info on the new engine and a few things i plan to do now here are some pics.

old blue

part pile

and my favorite so far for pics

Comment

^^You sure have a very clean garage!! Nice entry!!

Comment

that was the cleanest it has been in awhile lol

Comment

Looks like a nice car! Is it still your "winter car"?
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

ya its still the winter car and i am going to undercoat it. They dont salt all that much here just dump a ton of pea gravel everywhere plus i keep my cars very clean.

Comment

Nice Car Postman Nice & clean, The 13's Look Awesome in it!!
                    1993 Ford Festiva GL "My Cream Puff & new project"

1998 Isuzu Rodeo
                    1994 Suzuki Intruder 1400cc "Da Cruiser"
                    1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 "My Work Horse"
                    1994 Isuzu Trooper "Camo Off Road Beast"

1989 Festiva L Stock Engine "Rallytiva71"
                    Daily Driver,Rally Racing Look,Little Additions Daily. *******Sold*******
                    FOTM October 09/ October Page FF.Com 2010 Calendar.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3810528

Comment

Nice car. I think ill find some watanabes or similar for my upcoming project. Always wondered how bad (badass) they would stick out.
                      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

So who will be entering for some competition this month :lol:

Comment

One more week til voting and still looking for another entry!

Comment

i payed some people to take care of any opposition lol.

Comment

^lol.........I'll enter another one maybe tonite....
                              -Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                              X