Accepting Entries For March FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Entries For March FOTM

This month i'd like to see the most hurtin festiva out there thats still being driven as a daily driver, it doesn't matter how many repairs you need to do during the week to keep it going as long as it is still driving and getting you where you need to go, this will show the true reliability of the great festivas!!

Of course any and all other entries are welcomed

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

No shiny, swapped, turbo, nitrous injected, lowered, festivas I guess I'll wait. Just kiddin...Good Idea Chris.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

i dont have the car anymore but its still runnin around in the small town where i live.
      Last edited by festy90; 01-31-2010, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Festy90 - you need to currently own the festiva and submit a story about the car

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

ah crap i missread it. mine had its faults and had to be towed 2hrs home after breaking down but it was still a good car

Comment

I know theres lots of festivas out there wanting to be FOTM :lol:

Comment

Is anyone going to enter this month?

Comment

I could stick a festiva badge to my vibe if we're that hard up for an entry...
                But it's not very hurtin'... maybe my service truck? it's pretty haggard
                I need to get a festiva.

:dontknow:

Comment

Well here's my entry.............................

It's my 90 L-plus. It used to belong to Rich Norman. When I got it the thing was gutted. No carpet, seats, panels, windows, anything. I met Rich 2 days before he moved away from Florida. This was his auto-x car. I decided to bring it back to "road" status. I've added just about everything. It has a fms cam, and a Kerker motorcycle muffler under it. I've got big plans for it if I ever get the time . So far I haven't done alot but I look forward to providing a detailed build thread. And I really hope to win FOTM.

Here's some pics.....................

And here is some pictures after I've replaced the interior and the doors and windows........................I've also added passenger mirror, headliner, all seatbelt parts etc.......... It is taking alot of parts to make it back to stock, but it's rust free and runs like a top.

I'll get some more pics soon.......I've got too many projects going at once

Thanks, Greg
                  Last edited by eurotiva; 02-13-2010, 04:12 PM.
                  -Greg
                  Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                  BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09
                  5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

hope to have some pic of my puttputt this weekend so i can enter my cae this month howlong do i have
                    the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                    \/\_____________FORD
                    FOREVER

Comment

I'll try this one. It fits Ol' Rusty to a T. I got Rusty as an abandoned car, just $5.00 to transfer title. He had 331,000 miles and smoked like a chimney, but ran fine. I had a couple of the consoles and shifter handles that I got from David88 so I installed a pair into Rusty. In my search for a better engine, I found a '86 323 on a REALLY LOW BUDGET used car lot and gave the guy $300 for. It had only 231,000 miles on it. So, I swapped motors cuz the B6 ran very well with the 4spd so, I figgered it would be just fine with Rusty's 5 spd.
                      Engine swap was EASY till I tried to replace the ECU. Seems the 86 323 had a 3 plug one. Found on Evilbay. Next up was a Dizzy transplant from the B3 motor, now it was Plug&Play. And play it did. What a fun daily driver. Runs hard 15 miles to work and still gets 38mpg. The seats in it were there went I found the car. I'm guessing there're from an earlier, lesser equipped model. Rear wiper didn't work, but The Supermodel helped with that. Got a nice one from Iowa with some other pieces to make almost everything work. Only the horn relay malfunctions on a regular basis.

Last edited by hotfordcat; 02-15-2010, 01:03 PM.
                      Chuck
                      Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                      If money will fix it, it's not broken
                      91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                      93 GL - Lil Red
                      91 L - Tweetystiva
                      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

^^ what was wrong with your rear wiper? Mine dont' work either, and my car looks very similar to yours, 91 white GL Good luck on your win btw
                        -Josh R

Comment

Great entries so far guys!!! I hope to see some more this month!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
                            ^^ what was wrong with your rear wiper? Mine dont' work either, and my car looks very similar to yours, 91 white GL Good luck on your win btw
                            Don't really know Josh. Dan gave me a good deal on a replacement, and I just swapped it out.
                            Thanks for the kind words also!!!
                            Last edited by hotfordcat; 02-15-2010, 09:07 PM.
                            Chuck
                            Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                            If money will fix it, it's not broken
                            91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                            93 GL - Lil Red
                            91 L - Tweetystiva
                            http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                            http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

sorry guys not going to get it this month trying to learn how to put pic on here
                              the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                              \/\_____________FORD
                              FOREVER

Comment

Working...
                              X