Accepting Entries For October FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Entries For October FOTM

Let's see some black and orange festivas this month for a Halloween themed FOTM!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Is red close enough to orange? lol
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Hmmm is it time to resubmit the festiva... It is now all black and grey, no more orange.

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
        Is red close enough to orange? lol
        Any and all entries are welcome along with the black and orange festivas

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
        Hmmm is it time to resubmit the festiva... It is now all black and grey, no more orange.
        Sure Logan I'd like to see what all you've done to it!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

festiva

your car looks killer!
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I totally got it this month-
            I bought the car back in June 2010 for $400 off craigslist with nearly a quarter million miles on it. Since I bought it I have done a ton of work to it. It has new CV's, Volkswagon Suspension, 14in wheels, White HID kit, tons of engine work but is still currently running a little rich (Probably needs fuel injectors).This car has an interesting history as well, it was originally a canadian car, then it lived in mexico for 10 years now its finally home in Oregon. Its my first festiva and there are no plans to let it go, I love this car

Now I know I got it this month

Last edited by Damkid; 09-23-2010, 07:05 PM.
            I have one tough looking festiva...even though it has 63hp :dj:

Comment

How do I downsize images? I see mine looks kinda big
              Last edited by Festiva420; 09-01-2010, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Hello, I am new to this website but I really like it. I started my account yesterday, can I still enter my car in the Oct FOTM?

Comment

^Nice car! I will try and type something up tonight if I remember for mine. I bought a house, so finding pictures may be difficult.

Comment

^Nice car! I will try and type something up tonight if I remember for mine. I bought a house, so finding pictures may be difficult.
                    That's why I always carry my computers right-side-up, so that the pictures don't fall out when I'm moving them around and stuff.
                    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Them nightshaded corner lights look killer. Nice ride.
                      89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                      My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

OG curb feelers!! Awesome!
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

3 desktop computers, and none of them are hooked up, rewiring the house and I worry about power surges from the 60 amp service currently in there. Okay so here is what I have. Here is the link to the original FOTM try when the car was still orange. Since then I have got the megasquirt in and running, turbo setup installed, car repainted, tow hitch installed, engine bay cleaned up. Only things I really have left to do on the car is put in the bigger fuel pump, finish up boxing in my receiver hitch (goes through spare tire area), and find a yakima roof rack for it.

Enter your Festiva, Aspire, 121 or Pride. Everyone has a chance, enter as often as you like!

Here are some pictures of it as it sits now:

This is what is being built to go on the trailer hitch:

The grill pulls out on extra long slider rails so it clears the rear hatch mostly, need to make metal rings to space it off from the shelf so it doesn't catch anything on fire, but I can pull the grill out too to use it, so that is always a option if I am worried.
                          Last edited by Gforcefd; 09-03-2010, 05:50 AM. Reason: add pics

Comment

^

that car super & trailer & grill crazy! i luv it!
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                              This is my first Festiva of the Month entry. I didn't want to enter until I had swapped enough into the car, and I believe I have a great story for all of you!
                              This is my festiva. I got it in October 2009. It is a 1989 auto festiva. Basically the worst festiva to do any swap in, but I didn't know that at the time. So I paid $500 for the car and drove it home! Here is it home.

In December I found my BP engine, and spent 2 months rebuilding it with some needed help by Sasquatch.

By February the Bp swap took place, in the course of 10 days (Olympic Break). Since the car was a 1989, I had to swap the wiring harness with that of a 1990+ car. Due to time constraints I kept the auto tranny, being one of the few people with a 1989 auto Bp car.

I later did a battery relocation to the trunk, as space was limited. Helps with cornering with better weight distribution

By May I did the aspire swap, where I fully rebuilt the brakes following the guidance of Freshtiva. I found some nice Honda Del Sol wheels which fit perfectly with no spacers and used 185-60-14 wheels. This was a great swap and made a big difference.
                              The Before:

The After:

Sorry for the dirty car in the pictures. I didn't feel like cleaning the car after doing the aspire swap.

Come July I did the swap from auto to G series standard. I found someone selling a 323gt tranny and cv axles. I went for it! Doing the swap auto to g series was difficult, making tranny mounts and all, but it went well. By the end of July I had the swap fully finished! I must say the new swap runs alot better in standard than in auto. I wish I had a recent picture of it as I just cut polished the car, but I don't have one on me. I will post it as soon as I can.

Overall I love the Festiva, and am looking into creating another one with a turbo swap shortly. Thanks everyone for reading this.
                              Last edited by timmay89; 09-03-2010, 01:49 PM.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                              -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Working...
                              X