Accepting Entries For July FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Entries For July FOTM

Calling all Red, White and Blue festiva's in Celebration for 4th of July and Canada day!!!!! lets see what you guys got

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

dang, I'll have to wait for August now. LOL
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

I've got a white one but it isn't much to look at Mechanically speaking though, it's in tip top shape
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Hi all,

Someone here suggested I should try entering this, so here goes..

Having moved to Canada from the land down under (Australia) I was in need of a cheap mode of transports so I could get around & see the country side. Initially I actually purchased a 1987 Honda Civic as i'd owned one before. I'll keep that story short.. I spent $500 on it which I thought was a bargain even though the car was VERY rough! I soon gave up on that car and sold it on the cheap.

Like many here, I started checking Craigslist every day for Festiva postings, but they were few & far between, so much so I was almost ready to pick up the yellow one listed in Powell River (4-5 hours and 2 ferries from where I am)

A few weeks later before work I did my routine Criagslist search & much to my suprise a new posting was listed just minutes earlier. That evening after work I headed straight to New West to check out the car. Although I hadn't put cash aside for the car or really planned to ACTUALLY take a car home that day, once I saw the potential of this little car, I just HAD to buy it, and at a pretty good price too, I think.

Everyone, say hello to my lil' friend!

1991 Ford Festiva L
        5 Speed Manual
        189,xxxkms

The day I picked it up

My two cars meeting each other.. (sniffing bottoms)

After giving her a look over, I gave her some new oil, new air filter, flushed out the radiator & adjusted the clutch

Now that she was feeling a little better, I thought it was time to give her a good clean & get her Looking better too.

After I sprayed the bay with Wheel cleaner, then hand washed with soapy water

Gave her a good shampoo, Vacuum & Armourall

In an attempt to earn browny points from my girlfriend I let her choose a colour for the wheels

Soon after I changed my mind & chose my own colour scheme, mismatched FTW!

I haven't got to drive my lil friend enough since I bought it due to a few things that need attention, but I'm willing to take my time & give her the attention she deserves.

Future Plans? Who knows.. I had planned to keep her pretty stock, but with all the engine swaps going on here, its hard to not get ideas!

See you all soon!
        1979 Civic - Work in Progress http://myhondafestish.tumblr.com/

Comment

When's the cutoff date for entry. I may throw Chuck in the mix repping for team white festiva if I get him running this week (not entering a non-running car lol). Maybe a triple entry for Babystiva (wifey's car, red), Chuck (white), and the MX-6 (invincible pizza beater, blue) lol lol lol
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Guess i will throw up the ol' sonic blue stiva... 1988 b6t swap. Built this car for a friend "Baker" another forum member, who then later sold it to me. I got the car in 09' just before fm3. I put a little work in it new starter and battery and called up eurotiva and told him i was ready to ride out! I had only drove the car for about 300 miles with the motor in it without any problems, but whats the worst that can happen... I loaded my tool box and asked my dad if he was willing to take part in the epic adventure 600 miles north in a car i had only put half of that mileage on and he accepted.. So the next friday morning we left.. Convoyed with 7 other cars to fm3 and the car performed beautifully. Brought the car home from n.c. and took it to the track the next Wednesday and the car did a 13.9 at 103 stock wheels, suspension, boost, etc. I soon got the car to the dyno and it put down 174hp to wheels...
            The car before paint or anything

The morning i left for madness fm3

new wheels

Before fm4

I have since put on a boost controller and rewelded some mounts to help stiffen up the engine and tranny for the hard hits from the track.. I have put down many more passes in the car but haven't been able to get it to hook up the way i would like. Still wanting to throw on some slicks but now the car it waiting for a clutch to hold the extra power from the extra boost from the controller.. I have also put all new fms springs with KYB gr2's. I will get this car back into the top 10 fastest festiva's.

I daily drive my car, when it isn't giving me issues that is. Im always out boosting around town and loving it. Have been to festiva madness the last 2yrs in a row and will be there again this year. Its always a blast. I plan on having this car for a long time and the modifications will just keep coming im sure. It has been a long hard battle with this car to keep it on the road. Mostly not the cars fault, but faulty parts. Has a new turbo, new head, another battery, 2 alternators. distributor, and im sure many other things i have had to replace. Usually seems to be a $200 parts that always goes out. But what can you expect I drive it about 500 miles a week..
            Last but not least holding it down for ff.com
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

oh man its gonna be a good one this month!
              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                When's the cutoff date for entry. I may throw Chuck in the mix repping for team white festiva if I get him running this week (not entering a non-running car lol). Maybe a triple entry for Babystiva (wifey's car, red), Chuck (white), and the MX-6 (invincible pizza beater, blue) lol lol lol
                Voting starts on the 23rd, but please only one car per entry, but you can submit 3 entries for 3 different cars

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

rakfint, I love the interior pic. It looks like a sales brochure.
                  91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                  82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                  85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Red, White, and Blue
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I'm not painting my car like that again.

Comment

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
                        rakfint, I love the interior pic. It looks like a sales brochure.
                        haha thanks.

A way to get good interior photos when shooting outside in the sun is to throw a white thin sheet over all the windows, it acts as a light diffuser & hides harsh lighting & shadows.
                        1979 Civic - Work in Progress http://myhondafestish.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post

Red, White, and Blue
                          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Hmmmmmm........
                            -Greg
                            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                            Redneck Engineer
                            FOTY - '09
                            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                              Voting starts on the 23rd, but please only one car per entry, but you can submit 3 entries for 3 different cars
                              Was just joking about the three cars (one isn't even a festiva) but I will work double time on getting chuck up and running.
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                              X