• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Entries For August FOTM

Post away

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Ok, when I get back from 4thstiva. I have another resurected car to post up this month. lol
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Well here is Lucky. Lucky is a survivor from a farm in an undisclosed location in NC. Lucky was saved the first time by Dean "V8 Festiva" Allen from the crusher a few years back. Then as with 8ball a mean old inspector came and said the cars had to go. Well it looked grim for Lucky, I felt so strongly I told Smedley I was going to take Lucky home and he would live with me before he went to the crusher again. That is how he got the name Lucky, simply because he had escaped the crusher two times in a row over the years.

So I took Lucky home and decided that Jester my old white was so rusty and unsafe that I would just use the parts to bring Lucky back to life. After a week or so of swapping parts and some cleaning Lucky was alive and well once again. Lucky has proven to be just that. Ever since I have gotten him back on the road it seems that wherever I take him I seem to run into more and more Festiva’s. It’s almost like he is a lucky charm of sorts. One day while driving him I spotted 24 Festiva's and 5 Aspires in a 3 hour time span, I thought that was awesome.

So here is everything I have done so far: He has a full Aspire swap, A 5-speed swap with Jester’s drive train, some new stripes that I painted on to dress him up a bit, a nice clean GL interior thanks to Smedley, clear turns from a Toyota Camery, installed a tow hitch to pull more Festiva’s home with and I will add a radio when funds allow. I hope you enjoy him, I know I do. And I fear that one day Smedley is gonna drive him off and not bring him back because she really enjoys cruising him around.

Here he is when I found him:
      http://

Here is a pic with the engine pulled and bay cleaned up:

Here is a pic of his first day back on the road once again.

Thank you for taking a look. Lucky will continue to get more attention as the months progress toward Festiva Madness. I am so glad I got to save him from the crusher, he is a daily pleasure to drive. Plus he can pull another Festiva and get 38mpg uncorrected.
      Last edited by kartracer46; 07-05-2011, 06:49 PM.
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Have a quick update, I found out Lucky is even luckier than I thought. He has a salvage title that dates back to 12/4/91 which is only a few months after he was born. He had 7,760 miles on him at the time. I found myself a tough little survivor!
        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

That car drives smoother than any other in my corral. I love it. And, now that Stivadiva has had a chance to ride in it, she wants it too.
          1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
          1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
          Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
          website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
            Have a quick update, I found out Lucky is even luckier than I thought. He has a salvage title that dates back to 12/4/91 which is only a few months after he was born. He had 7,760 miles on him at the time. I found myself a tough little survivor!
            Wow very nice. Lucky is the twin to my 89 that I am bringing back to life. My 89 is silver and was just a shell with nothing at all.
            89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
            My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
              Wow very nice. Lucky is the twin to my 89 that I am bringing back to life. My 89 is silver and was just a shell with nothing at all.

Very Nice. Sometimes I wish they could talk, I know they all have a story to tell.
              91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
              85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

My favorite part is still the forklift scars on the lower passenger side. If you ever decide to paint it or anything I think you should totally leave those. It's like a cool tattoo that adds character

PS: Is that Mabel sitting beside him in the first pic??
                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                  My favorite part is still the forklift scars on the lower passenger side. If you ever decide to paint it or anything I think you should totally leave those. It's like a cool tattoo that adds character

Yep, that is Mabel.
                  1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
                  1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                  Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
                  website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post

Actually I don't plan on doing much more cosmetically, I want to preserve his history. Mainly just plan to add a radio and some other creature comforts since I travel and haul cars home with him.
                    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

WOOT WOOT! FTW!! Kartracer... aka in NC as Doc Frankenstiva!!!!
                      www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                      www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                      Snoopy's
                      4621 Atlantic Ave
                      Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

from Costa Rica

that is my first car, and thanks to this foro i have made many changes to my car.
                        for example, stylus bumper, power mirrors, ford taurus cup holder, honda civic hb 1990 spoiler. At the future i will instal the turbo engine i think is the b6t, in Costa Rica i try to make a ford festiva club and recomended this foro.
                        Last edited by Damkid; 07-17-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I was going to post this month (my birthday month - the 10th!) but I can't compete against that! ^^^

btw jdmjamp, you should post up a story with your pics, they dig that.
                          -Zack
                          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

^^Actually a story is required as part of the entry

jmdjamp, i've combined your 3 posts into one single post nice car you have!!
                            Last edited by Damkid; 07-17-2011, 11:47 AM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

thanks, i´m gonna try to find a picture when i bought the car

Comment

Working...
                              X