• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Entries For November FOTM

Post away!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Mextiva?
    06 vw Bora
    09 Nissan Versa
    fastest B6T is back!!!
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

Ill give it a shot...

The grey ghost was a 1.3 Silver Carb 4 speed car that was purchased off a member here (skimsucka) about a year ago. RJ saved this beauty from rotting away about 18 months ago when he asked to borrow my trailer one day because he had somehow found another Festiva. The ghost came from Tampa from the 2nd owner with 88k original miles.

After RJ got it home he quickly began filling in all the voids this car had by cleaning up the interior putting a new set of 12s on it with all 4 center caps, scouting various junkyards for all the missing parts to get it just right. Him and his dad even re ringed the pistons because they were toast. One day RJ had told me he was thinking about selling the ghost to another friend of ours who needed a car, when i found out that our friend had passed up on the deal i quickly jumped on this car because i know how much time he has put into making sure everything on the car was functional and working the way it should be.

So i bought the car from skim for $600 and man i was hooked, the car sat for a few months before i could get enough money to register it buy a new gold battery and insure it. After sitting for a few months the carb starting acting up and we couldnt figure it out so we called Chris (takeone51) to come take a look at it, well it didnt take much time for Chris to fix the problem and get the car running like the champ she is!

About 6 weeks later 4 of us decided to take a trip over to the west coast for the weekend in the ghost, she ran great the way there. On the way back i noticed that at one point i had the car floored and it wouldn't accelerate past 70mph, and not long after she died on me in the middle of the state with cow pastures on both sides of the road on a 2 lane road about 11 miles from a gas station or any civilization. We let her cool down a bit and pop started it a few times and got about 1 each time out of her till she finally died about 7 miles from the gas station. me and a friend were literally pushing the car down the road and my girlfriend would pop start it and me and my friend would run along side the car and jump in through the passenger side window because we were afraid that if the car stopped she would die on us! lol :eeeeeek:

So RJ flat towed us about 35 miles home, when we started tearing down the b3 to see what had happen, long story short the temp sensor disconnected itself and one of the coolant lines had a slit on it on the underside of the hose. My original plan was to just rebuild the b3 because i didnt want to spend a whole lot of money on the car, but with a little persuasion by RJ he talked me into buying a XR2.

We found the donor car roughly 250 miles from the house, a 1991 Capri xr2 with 134k ? which was having overheating problems, turned out to be just a loose belt that was slipping on the pulley!! So we scored the whole car for just 600 bucks! Strapped her down and brought her come with us!

I went ahead and pulled the B3 out and the B6T out of both cars and sent the block head crank and rods n pistons off to the machine shop to get honed, decked, polished, valve job, and new seals. I also got the turbo rebuilt and upgraded to a VJ11/14 hybrid.

At the same time i had the car painted Dark Shadow Grey, but before we sent it off to the paint shop we stripped her down, no molding, door seals, door handles, trims, gaskets, tail lights, fenders, master cylinder, windows, headlights, emblems etc.

I built the motor myself in the garage, and RJ helped me with installing everything on this car with me. A few weeks later we had the car up and running with awesome AC for this FL heat. I have just recently taken this car up to FM5 last week (1500 mile) for its maiden voyage and i am proud to say that she got 35mpg on the hwy and performed beyond my expectations!

I would like to thank the committee FF.com and all of its members for all the help they have provided me with this swap, and i can only hope that my build thread will help people in the future as well! And especially RJ for dedicating his blood, sweat, n tears into transforming this car into what it is today, cant thank you enough buddy! :thumbup:

Mod List

Engine & Drivetrain
      Stock Block
      Stock Crank
      Stock Rods & Pistons
      Total Seal Rings, federal mogul bearings
      Stock Cams
      Stock Head
      Stock Intake Manifold
      Stock Exhaust Maniold
      Vj11/14 Hybrid Turbocharger
      2.25" Exhaust with dynomax muffler
      G series trans
      Act Clutch
      Resurfaced Flywheel
      3/8 Fuel line
      255 LPH inline fuel pump
      Stock injectors
      12" Electric Fan
      2 Core 92-95 Civic Aluminum Radiator modified
      10" Fan on condenser
      B6T With Factory Festiva AC

Electronics
      MSD Ignition Coil
      NGK Plugs
      9mm High Perf Wires
      Rocketman Ecu
      Innovate Mtx-l wideband
      Sunpro Oil Pressure gauge
      Autometer Sport Comp Boost Gauge

Chassis & Suspension
      Aspire Lca
      Aspire sway bar
      10.2 Capri XR2 Rotors
      KYB GR2 Shocks n Struts
      FMS Springs
      Rear Shock Tower Brace
      14" Black Capri wheels
      Federal 185/55/14
      Camber bolts

Misc
      10" JL Audio 10w1V2 Reverse Mounted Custom MDF enclosure
      Alpine 400.1 Mono D Block Amp Mounted under Passenger seat
      Alpine 9885 Head Unit w/ IPod cable
      Kicker Ds40 4" speakers
      5% Tint 40% on Windshield
      6000k HiDs
      Led License plate bulbs
      Flush mount Turning lamp
      Battery Relocation
      Tach Cluster
      FMIC 2.25" IC Piping

BEFORE

AFTER
      Last edited by Damkid; 10-25-2011, 06:44 PM.
      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

^^Nice entry, that car is very well done!!!

Originally posted by MEXTIVA View Post
        Mextiva?
        Of course That'd make for 2 turbo cars this month

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Nice build! Glad you made it up to FMV.
          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
          82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
            I would like to thank the committee FF.com and all of its members for all the help they have provided me with this swap, and i can only hope that my build thread will help people in the future as well! And especially RJ for dedicating his blood, sweat, n tears into transforming this car into what it is today, cant thank you enough buddy! :thumbup:
            Quality Entry I must say and hope to see some competitive entries!

No problem man it was nothing but fun conquering the project nights after work
            and to have completed such a functional clean awesome build !

we still gotta get some sweet seats in the ghost tho.........
            93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
            RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
            RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Will no one else enter for festy of the month?

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
              -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Voting is supposed to start today, but i'll wait a few days for another entry to hope for some competition

Comment

^^could you post a quick story on the car to make it an official entry please

Comment

when the heck is gonna be "turbo" month?.... im feeling lucky, are you, punk?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

So I bought the festiva at around 2002 from my cousin,he was the second owner and drove it as a daily driver for over ten years....I wanted to build a honda hatch 92 to 95 but everyone was doing this and I like to have something a little different than most ppl.
                      So my brother and I searched and there was hardly anything available for our cars,cam did the b6t swap with the stock festiva transmission and I wanted one like that but knew the tranny would not fit my driving style back then....then fred did the capri tranny swap this is when I started looking for a donor,we asked fred for input on the swap and did not get any off of him so we went to a shop to build the car for me,I payed good money but was well worth it,the engine is very solid and it drives very nice till today,its been on the road since 05 and still is a fun car..I was the fastest in the 1/4 for quite sometime and im still the fastest b6t swap festiva with slip and video as proof...
                      I sold it to a friend and just got it back,working some small issues on it,nothing big....
                      Its not the best looking car but I like it alot and I get good coments on it alot,they are getting hard too see on the streets.
                      i will add pictures today!!!

Last edited by Damkid; 10-25-2011, 06:43 PM.
                      06 vw Bora
                      09 Nissan Versa
                      fastest B6T is back!!!
                      http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

Working...
                      X