Accepting Entries For January FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Entries For January FOTM

So with this being for a fresh year, any previous FOTM entries may enter for January FOTM

Let's see them festiva's!!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
    So with this being for a fresh year, any previous FOTM entries may enter for January FOTM

Let's see them festiva's!!!

You say its going to be a Fresh year ?
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Oops, I meant this "month" being for a fresh year :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Advancedynamix "TweaK"

I bought her in April of 2010, but didn't really start work until march of 2011. At the time I had never heard of a modified Festiva, but I had always loved the way the these cars look (yeah, I'm one of the few, I know). I have always been into Rally racing and the little Festiva, with it's wide fenders and stubby hatchback, reminds me of the glory days of WRC, the Group B era.
        Originally I was going to mount a Suzuki GSX1300R engine with a turbo where the back seat used to be, but after much consideration I decided to build a more practical car. What I wanted to build was an RS version of fords smallest hatcback, one of the the only hatchbacks Ford has sold that never came in with and RS package (to my knowledge). I set out to build what Ford forgot to.
        My goal was to have the car operational by Festiva Madness 5. I had read about the largest Festiva meet online through a google search and it was through the Madness website (thanks to Barb and Jeremy) that I found this excellent website. When I learned that so many Festiva lovers would be in one place I had to attend. Even though I didn't post much in the next 6 months, and I didn't post a build thread, it was all of you who inspired me to keep going, keep building. When I wasn't working or building Tweak, I was reading about all of the great projects going on at FordFestiva.com.
        Well, I made my goal. I got tweak running and drove her to work for two days, then pointed her east to Raleigh. She ran pretty good for that 5000 mile road trip and she's still running like a champ. Thanks to you all for the inspiration and warm welcomes into this little automotive niche.

Oh, and for those that wonder where the name "Tweak" comes from. I named her that because her B6t engine is Meth injected. I didn't want to clutter the engine bay with intercooler piping, so I got her hooked on Meth instead. I keep her pretty strung out and she treats me well!

Here she is on the last day of her 5000+ mile shake down run. She's glad to be back in Arizona.

Festiva Madness 5. She was the First Festiva in the Parking lot that morning. I thought I was lost. I was so excited to have made it.

Her engine glistening in the North Carolina sun.

The newest addition to the engine bay, an official RS sticker on her airbox.

Last edited by Damkid; 12-23-2011, 10:45 AM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

And we have a winner!!!! How can we compete with that?
          Ford Fester

Comment

I've found that pictures tend to make our little cars look quite a bit better than they actually are. However, in Advancedynamics case it is the oposite. The pictures do not do the car enough justice. Cleanest swap I've seen (in person), great looking car!
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
            The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

^^X2
              Jerry
              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
              90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
              92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
              93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

beautiful ride!
                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Advancedynamix, what did you use to smoke the taillights? night shade? or a film application?

btw, the JY near me has those exact same rimes. they are 15'' though and one has a deep scratch in it (probably from the guy who work there just tossing cars around). I contiplated getting them and having them fixed. they are flat black.
                  Last edited by pyrothehitman; 12-07-2011, 08:17 AM.

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

i think his are 15s as well
                    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Thanks guys!
                      Pyro, I did use night shades spray tint . Then I clear coated them. The rims are 15s . They are from a Mitsubishi lancer OZ. I painted them white myself.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I predict that no one enters. Who wants a sure loss?! lol!
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

That car... I mean really.. wow.. the wowfactor of those white on white rims is just...wowsome?! (I make up my own words sometimes, don't be jealous.)

I'm reserving my vote, never know what could happen!
                          Last edited by zoom zoom; 12-07-2011, 05:11 PM.
                          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                            That car... I mean really.. wow.. the wowfactor of those white on white rims is just...wowsome?! (I make up my own words sometimes, don't be jealous.)

I'm reserving my vote, never know what could happen!
                            Do you mind if I use wowsome? I like it.

I had a rough day at work today, but reading these responses makes me feel a lot better. Thanks guys!
                            When I was building Tweak, most of my friends were like, "WTF? Really?". Some of them stopped talking to me because I only wanted to talk Festiva, and they weren't interested in it at all. However, now that they have ridden in Tweak, they can't get enough. They probably still wont buy Festivas, but at least they respect the car now. Plus, I have met so many great people because of this build, priceless. I've been a part of a lot of very prestigious and exotic car builds in the past, but my Festiva has been more rewarding than any of them, what a fun car!

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                              I had a rough day at work today, but reading these responses makes me feel a lot better. Thanks guys!
                              When I was building Tweak, most of my friends were like, "WTF? Really?". Some of them stopped talking to me because I only wanted to talk Festiva, and they weren't interested in it at all. However, now that they have ridden in Tweak, they can't get enough. They probably still wont buy Festivas, but at least they respect the car now. Plus, I have met so many great people because of this build, priceless. I've been a part of a lot of very prestigious and exotic car builds in the past, but my Festiva has been more rewarding than any of them, what a fun car!
                              *grins* Glad to hear it, Charlie. That's what hobbies are all about, isn't it? Best of luck with any forthcoming competition in the next couple weeks... I'm really happy to see your car up to bat so early in the year!
                              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
                              X