No announcement yet.

Accepting Entries For June FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wonderin whether i should enter again. I entered once and got close. Of course my spire's newly done.
    Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
    .:: 1997 Aspire ::. The Glowspire. Revived project
    .:: 1998 Aspire ::. The Glowspire red bean. Current Project

My Ford Aspire DIY Wing Conversion
    Glow_Mouse's 97' Glowspire
    Glow_Mouse's 98' Glowspire
    Ford Aspire Forum Here!
    Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 1!
    Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 2!

Comment

jamesmc WOW!
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Both very nice rides! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought the Civic spoiler would look good on a festiva, I have two of them sitting in the back of Babystiva waiting to install.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

ill play.

i beleive this is the longest i have ever owned a car. I go through cars quick, so 2 years is a long time

previously i knew nothing about festivas, but i saw it on a local forum and thought it was awesome. so i bought it.

the previous owner dynoed the stock b3 at 35whp. he swapped in a bp and then sold the car cause he needed money. the guy he sold it to turboed it. then the previous owner bought it back. drove it for awhile, dynoed it at 185whp @5psi and 243whp @11psi then sold it to me.

when i got it:

clutch was slipping and it had the stock festy trans, which i soon found out was very weak. 2 weeks after i had bought it, it destroyed itself while i was racing an sti on the highway.

replaced the tranny with another stock one and babied it for the next few months.

the tires were not cutting it, i needed more traction. 15x8 did not fit easily. ordered some super rare ultra hard to get heavily sought after jdm fender flares.

also added a grill, painted on some eyelids, and cut out the bumper for some more airflow

last day of college my junior year i decided i would launch it leaving school. i made it about 6 ft.

time for a g-series swap. ordered mounts from a ff member in canada, but they got lost in shipping so i decided to make my own. good thing, because it was a tight fit and they required some special mods.

also ordered a spec stage 2 sprung clutch

painted the engine bay

the flake

got the tranny in and found out it has no syncros in 1st or 2nd. great.

drove it like that for almost a year

redid the wheels and lowered it with ebay coilover sleeves and springs. it got pretty bouncy.

one day i hear a grinding noise from the tranny. pull the tranny off, turns out an alignment pin came out of the flywheel

needless to say, i replaced the tranny. with one that works finally.

latest mod is the carbon fiber vinyl hood

and how the car sits as of now

Last edited by Ghost; 05-23-2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

^ wicked
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

ghost that is boss sauce

Comment

Some good cars this month!
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

Maybe in a couple months mine shall be worthy
                  89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

Originally posted by newcomb View Post
                    Maybe in a couple months mine shall be worthy
                    Same :evil4:
                    "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

Okay so i'll enter mine. Why not. I'm the proud owner of a 97 WD Ford Festiva/97 Ford Aspire. I originally bought the car with 97,000ks - 60,000miles. The car was originally stock however I dont have any original pics of the car before I modded the hell out of it.

I added a ridiculous whale wing and rims, sideskirts and blue decals. Being a young kid with this kind of car was perfect since I was still going to school back in 04'. I still have it today.

Side Shot of the car. recently installed SE Wing at the time.

Another Front pic.

Added a Honduh BC Civic bar. Was custom modded to suit the 97 and well very well fit other model spires too. Added an SE Wing.

Another rear shot sitting in the garage during its repair stages.

I scored a Tx5 Telstar Laser turbocharger for 150bucks from my local Pick n pull. What a great bargain!

My Engine setup currently.

-75mm/3" customalloy intake system complete with K&N Filtration
                      -Hightech Headers from hightechheaders.com.au 4-2-1
                      -NGK IX iridium Spark Cores
                      -10mm Topgun Australia Spark Leads
                      -Braided Vacuum and Radiator hoses. My own method
                      -Eidelbrock fuel line
                      -New Timing belt
                      -New Waterpump
                      -Calibre Air breather

My Front of the car with my neons and new driving light under the hood there.

I really enjoy my car. I've crashed her 3 times already. But every time rebuilt stronger and better!

Thanks For watching!
                      ~Mouse
                      Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
                      .:: 1997 Aspire ::. The Glowspire. Revived project
                      .:: 1998 Aspire ::. The Glowspire red bean. Current Project

My Ford Aspire DIY Wing Conversion
                      Glow_Mouse's 97' Glowspire
                      Glow_Mouse's 98' Glowspire
                      Ford Aspire Forum Here!
                      Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 1!
                      Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 2!

Comment

Working...
                      X