July FOTM Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bert View Post
    A man after my own heart; a practical car to use for making a living, and to cash-in on spectacular fuel economy.

But I think we all have to admit the red-necks (entire construction industry) by and large take a dim view of frugal colleagues in the trades. They tend to flaunt the costliest, largest, tallest, noisiest gas guzzling GD monsters they can.

So: keep up the good work and use the banked proceeds of 'being cheap' to buy either lots more beer or go somewhere warm every winter.

yah my boss would be one of those red-necks with the huge truck (i think he is trying to compensate for some thing). pisses him off ever time i tell him i get 38mpgs.

Originally posted by Bert View Post
    Couldn't help but notice the collection of Makita tools in the back of the car. I too have become fond of those middle-of-the-road-cost but professional quality electric tools over the past 31 years and have never lost one to lousy manufacture, yet. My professional/commercial Black&Deckers (forerunner of, and same junk as, DeWalt) and Porter-Cables flew apart years ago. You have to buy twice as expensive (such as Walther-Metabo (German)) in order to improve on a Makita.
    love my Makita tools, i saw a guy run over a drill with a truck, didnt phase it. only 2 things i would improve about them is, the radio dose not charge battery's, and Milwaukees battery's tell you how much charge they are holding witch is real handy.

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
    Anybody notice the missing valvecover bolt ? Might be a small part of oil loss ?
    good eye ill have to look in to tightening that up but it also was burning it to, at least thats what i think the blue cloud of smoke is from

Comment

A hundred years ago (1970-73 when gas was 38.9 cents/Imperial gallon) my construction boss always laughed at my Austin Minis despite the fact that you could put a mountain of tools, shovels, post hole augers and junk in them.
      However, my only spending $2 a week on gas did help offset the cost of university tuition.

Comment

What do mice smell like?

Comment

Congrats! Good to see a hard working festy get the respect it deserves.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

congrats!
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
            X