Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

isuzu stylus bumper rules

Comment

I bought this beast of a car for $500. A steal really. I've fallen in love with this car and worship it. I hope to make it into a tuner soon.

When I first bought it, it wouldnt really drive because it didnt have enough power, so i towed it. When I got it home around 10 PM i got carried away and worked on it until about 2 in the morning. I checked the spark plugs and gapped them back to specs, i also checked the compression and it was all good expect for cylinder 2. I ran some more tests and decided i will deal with that later. I took the valve cover off and adjusted the valves back to specs, some were off quite a bit. It idled real high so i brought it down to about 750 or 800 RPM's. I proceeded to the timing, it was off a bit so i set it back. This helped alot. When i bought it, it had no choke plate so i went to the junk yard and the Festiva there was picked to the bone so i got one off of a isuzu impulse. The screws were still in the choke plate holder so i had to drill them out. I re-threaded them to fit some screws i had, the screws were too long so i ground them down.

I hope to make it into a tuner soon. Have some sweet bumpers. Maybe a engine swap. Paint it red or black. The A/C has been disconnected by the previous owner, the compressor and everything is missing. I want to fix all that. My O2 sensor is disconnected so i will repair that. A few odds and ends. This will be my Daily Driver!

Last edited by 500dollarfestiva; 07-17-2012, 12:59 AM.
      Harrison M.
      motobase8@yahoo.com | 91montero4x4@gmail.com

1989 Festiva Hatchback L 4 spd (project tuner)-33 MPG
      1991 Mitsubishi Montero 4x4 (offroader)-14 MPG
      1971 Datsun 240z (in restoration)
      1966 Ford Falcon (restored)

Driving is a passion.

Comment

2 more days til voting

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
        X