Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This month is going to be a tough one, all are great cars to me
    Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
    Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
    Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
    WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

nice cars!!!
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

WTFestiva's FOTM entry

I suppose I'll throw in on this one.

We bought this car in October 2011 for $200 after our mechanic/fabricator friend Bill told us about it, (his friend was going to scrap it the next week). We thought it was a fun little car but when Bill called us as we were looking at it he said, "buy it and I'll roll cage it". After he said that we immediately jumped on it. We live in Salem where a popular rally race called the 100 acre wood is held, and we had been dreaming of building a car for this race for about 6 years when it started coming back into popularity. Here it is the day we bought it.
        51ad3d8c.jpg

From here it was the matter of stripping it and caging it. We ended up rebuilding the inside of this car on a budget of $3000, which is about $3-4000 less than anyone else's build, in a matter of 1 1/2 months, Jan 2, 2012 - Feb 22, 2012 putting about 200 man hours into it for the 3 of us.

74b8d10a-eb12-4929-ab43-99f97bd405db_zps16b5c79b.jpg419957_609142532533_608870630_n_zps5f8a9c38.jpg

Many people said we wouldn't have the car ready in time let alone be actually prepared for the 100 Acre Wood, some of the top name competitors (Ken Block, Dave Higgins, and Antoine Le'stage) were even rumored to have a $1000 bet on if we'd finish. It was a really rough stage, but we definitely made it proving a lot of people wrong!
        dfb33742.jpgccb6e792.jpg7ea4b87a.jpg

After this and a good amount of help from the forums we did a did a little suspension, wheel and tire upgrade
        680438_2408628550512_546590632_o_zps70144830.jpg77825_2408637510736_590712514_o.jpg665052_654291343953_826854708_o.jpg

Then came Project time, including a BP swap, Aspire beam and brake swap, new dash and gauges, mudflaps, intercom, wheels, tires, the works.
        As we sit now we leave for a sponsored race in Minnesota on Wednesday, this will be the first race with the new power and control options we added and as for the recent testing, everything seems scary fast but oddly enough, under total control, and I couldn't thank this forum enough for all the support threads and ideas.
        33947_488403754578188_122236266_n.jpg

Car #789
        Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
        1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
        1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
        http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

WTFestiva's FOTM entry photos

Here's a few pictures of the swaps and such, I have more but I don't want to spam.

Attached Files

Car #789
          Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
          1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
          1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
          http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

a few more pis from mine

;
            www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
            rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
            '92 Festiva L M/T
            '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

ALL right peeps...we will start the voting this week. I will get a poll up in the next day or 2 at the latest. Good luck.
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

wow this is gonna be my toughest vote yet! all cars are killer!
                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                  wow this is gonna be my toughest vote yet! all cars are killer!
                  x2
                  Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                  Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                  Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                  WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

go and vote for your favorite

"FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Too many entries for my old head to wrap around with trying to choose a winner!

Comment

Working...
                      X