my 91

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 91

started out festiva, did the Aspire suspension swap Saturn wheels (15") and a random roof rack...
    Attached Files

Thats a nice roof rack. I like is. Where did you purchase it from?

Comment

Looks good with that roof rack. It's just a shame we have to deal with rusty festivas now. Not much to be done about it after it starts. poor cars are on a timer and the click keeps ticking!
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
        Looks good with that roof rack. It's just a shame we have to deal with rusty festivas now. Not much to be done about it after it starts. poor cars are on a timer and the click keeps ticking!
        Sad too when I see people even on here scrapping nearly rust free shells. Like there was one in Canada not long ago, but it wasn't 25 years old yet so it couldn't be imported, and there is only a handful of Canadian members here.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Hey nice car, I see your from Missouri. you should come out for the stl meet. This weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
            Sad too when I see people even on here scrapping nearly rust free shells. Like there was one in Canada not long ago, but it wasn't 25 years old yet so it couldn't be imported, and there is only a handful of Canadian members here.
            I feel the same way, hate seeing these awesome cars going to wreckers.
            93 Festiva L Aqua(Fern) 5speed 218,000kms-DD and holding on (rusting )
            93 Festiva L Caymen green Metallic 156,000km. 5speedOngoing project
            90 Festiva L Bright Blue Metallic 36,000km,5speed, my rust free BPproject.

Comment

I like the 2nd pic. That one has attutude.
              Last edited by Gomez; 06-10-2014, 10:21 PM.
              -Bryant

Comment

Yeah......sadly, I don't think Bondo is gonna solve your problems.

Any chance you can start looking for another one now?

Good luck and welcome to the forum!
                88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

I own a salvage yard (JYD Recycling Versailles, Mo) and we get a lot of stuff in that we scab on to. I have 5 Festivas that I have bought from Craigslist running and driving for $360 - $500... I have just been stock piling them. I have two or three Aspires and a few donor Festivas. Call me if you need parts or something I can help you with. 573-378-5333

Comment

I'm thinking about trying to host one at Lake of the Ozarks, the city council is chattering to bring revenue to the Strip (a boardwalk for cars) where they hold a lot of car shows, like the Magic Dragon Car Show and Hot Summer Nights for Bikes.

Originally posted by william View Post
                    Hey nice car, I see your from Missouri. you should come out for the stl meet. This weekend.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That would be really cool! I think your on to something. There's not really any big meets for us central guys. Madness is fun but 13 hours kinda sucks. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
                        Madness is fun but 13 hours kinda sucks. Lol
                        That's nothing... try 39 hours! Oh wait, we did! Check out the link to our blog in my signature. Certainly a doable trip if you have the time and are prepared. I think every Festiva owner should make at least one trip to Madness, it was well worth the trip.
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

^ I've seen your trip pictures.
                          Very impressive, Not sure if I could do that one.
                          It is an experience you need at least once.

Comment

Hey JYD-

Did those Saturn wheels need any special spacers or fittings?

and what model are they from ?

They look pretty nice, tho I'd rather find some 13's with higher profile tires....

Comment

the aspire swap with the saturn wheels looks great it really matchs your car

Comment

Working...
                              X