Accepting Entries For March FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbibb1 View Post
    Thanks, I really appreciate everyone liking this car as much as I do - I have four Aspires but this one is my favorite. I also have a 97 four door with 60,000 miles but this one is the one I drive everyday. My son drives a 96 two door that he really likes.
    Looks great! Gonna do anything with the interior--maybe a tach or better yet, an SE tach cluster?
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

The aspire came with a tac cluster option?

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
        The aspire came with a tac cluster option?
        In the U.S. the tach was available only on the SE model with a blue face and was produced for 94 and 95 only. Much more common in the Aussie versions though and those were available in blue face and black face like the standard cluster without the tach. 94,95 and 96 are a plug and play swap but for 97 they eliminated the wire for the tach from the factory harness.

Comment

It already has an SE cluster - forgot to mention - sorry. As soon as I bought the car I started searching for an SE cluster, I think I had the new cluster before I went and got the car. I swapped the original speedo into the SE cluster so the mileage is still original

Comment

Here's what an SE cluster looks like (this is in #1)

instrument bezel is not white in my blue/green car

Comment

Why don't they all have that. It's like a 50 dollar option from the factory.

Comment

Here's what an SE cluster looks like (this is in #1)

instrument bezel is not white in my blue/green car
                How is that white bezel at night, compared to a black one?
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                  Why don't they all have that. It's like a 50 dollar option from the factory.
                  I wasn't aware Aspire tach clusters were an option at all. I thought they only came with the SE package in 1994-95.
                  Last edited by TominMO; 02-14-2015, 10:14 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                    I wasn't aware Aspire tach clusters were an option at all. I thought they only came with the SE package in 1994-95.
                    I know, I'm just mentioning that it should have been a standard option on all aspires and festivas, considering it would have maybe cost the factory an extra 50 per car back in the day.

Comment

They were an option on 1st gen neons too, in 95. Companies like to fabricate profit adders.
                      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I'm not so sure about a survivor story but I did buy from a guy that had no idea what he had. I was in the market for another Aspire so I started looking on CL. I started with my local area and kept going state to state, city to city (I didn't know about http://www.adhuntr.com/ at the time). I found a few nice ones but then I saw this one
                        It was at one of those "buy here pay here" lots in Colorado (I'm in Missouri) so I called the guy and asked a bunch of questions, then I asked him what it would take for him to hold it until I could come look at it. He said "come on down and take a look", I said "I live in St Louis" and he could not get his head wrapped around why someone in St Louis would go to Colorado to buy an Aspire. He said he wouldn't hold it so I asked if he took credit cards he said "yes" so I asked if he was ready to take my info. He said "info for what"? Then I told him I was going to buy it right then, after I gave him all the info he said "can I ask you a question"? "Why in the world would someone from St Louis come all the way out to Colorado to by an Aspire"? That's when I told him (after the deal was done) "because what you don't know is you have the nicest Aspire in the country" He picked my son and I up at the airport, drove ten minutes to his dealership, did ten minutes of paperwork then we jumped in it and drove 1100 miles home without an incident. When I got it home I ordered wheels and tires, had the windows tinted and started to order parts for the sound system. Here's what it looks like today

I absolutely love this car. It's fun to drive and it sounds and looks good. As for the stereo I have a Clarion head unit (model CZ702) and four new Kicker speakers and a Kicker Solo Baric L7 12" sub - all powered by an Alpine PDX-V9 - 900 watt amp

Hope everyone likes it too
                        I'm curious though, how many miles and what'd you pay for it

Comment

Working...
                        X