Voting For May FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting For May FOTM

Sounds good. I'll toss my car out there for consideration even though its unfinished.

I bought the car in 2008 from member Andy Stanford (guaddawg). I drove down to Cincinnati OH in my old Econoline to pick it up with my tow dolly. It was a fuel injected 1989 L with auto. The car had just 57k miles and was out of Colorado. Andy had added a full set of KYB strut and FMS lowering springs. I had the car for about one year. The car had some minor issues. It didn't seem to shift right. Interior plastics were baked to a crisp. In the time I had it I did some repairs including CV boots, interior clean up, painting the wheels, adding trim rings and an auto trans shift modulator. Then I ended up selling it locally in 2009 with 59k. This is how it looked then.

Fast forward to 2013. A post came up on Craigslist for a Festiva for $150. It was 5 miles from my house.The axle nut had come off the driver side. The axle pulled out and the hub separated while driving. I bought it and loaded it up and had it half way home before I realized it was the same car! Now with 110k miles and still no sign of rust, it had been abused and neglected and spray bombed flat black. This was the day I got it again...

It has been sitting waiting for me to decide what to do with it till a month ago.

I bought this in January.

Removed this...

and this....

and last week, put that.... in there.

Complete swap from auto to manual G series.

Planning on a 121 look. Might restore the original color and stripe. Not sure yet.
    David88
    78.79%
    cliferton
    21.21%
    Last edited by David88; 04-18-2015, 11:18 PM.
    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

OK I guess I'm going to try and get in on this. a little over a month ago this car was sitting in a pull apart with 4 wheeler tires on it awaiting processing. So I decided to save her. Then I met Charlie on here and this car is now well on its way. I have quickly fell for these. I have already bought a second car......Were here to stay lol. and you gotta give it up for the hellcat photobomb.

1990 festiva l (747 the jumbo jet) (b6t & g box)

Comment

Good luck to both of you guys!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

this is tough, two equally saved festivas.

Comment

^what he said.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

This is my entry, What a transformation! Custom fitted isuzu rodeo roof rack, buick mud flaps, plymouth seats, a grant steering wheel, honda short throw shifter, a dc exhaust, original 1966 fenton gyros, and its been lowered. All done by me of course! uploadfromtaptalk1430225547237.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430225558515.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430225576724.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430225620531.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430225641813.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430225677734.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430226174501.jpg
            Last edited by joshdavisjad; 04-28-2015, 08:29 AM.

Comment

im a sucker for engine bay pictures lol but cool cars anyway
              88 L carb'ed (when up in flames of glory)(deceased) 4spd
              89 L carb'ed (died on the operating table (rust))(deceased) 5spd
              93 gl FI (sold) automagical
              89 lx FI megasquirted "luna" b6D+t (186hp 209ftlbs)
              88 L carbFI megasquirted zombie car

Comment

Working...
              X