July FOTM Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July FOTM Winner

Congratulations goes to Axlander9289 for July FOTM winner!!!

Here's his entry again

Originally posted by Axlander9289 View Post
    I'll throw my hat in the ring.

I bought my third Festiva, this '93 L back in November 2014 after finding it on Craigslist in Missoula, MT. My main motivation for buying it was jealousy of my brother's (January 2015 FOTM winner ThisVelologist) newly purchased Festiva. My first Festiva that I bought back in 2004 was an aqua '92 with similar graphics, so it was pretty much love at first sight when I saw this one. I drove it 350 miles back home to Billings including through a bizzard at the Continental Divide east of Butte without incident.

Once I got it home and set to work on it, getting it cleaned up, putting in new headlamp assemblies from Amazon, a modern stereo and speakers, passenger side mirror from a GL, and a 195 degree thermostat to cope with the harsh Montana winter. Just before Christmas, the timing belt jumped a tooth. Not wanting to do the job myself in an unheated garage, it went to a shop for a new timing belt and a few other minor tweaks like a crank seal and water pump while they were at it.

As the weather warmed up, I would take it for long drives out in the boonies every weekend, and take glamour shots.

I also gave it a thorough detail

and restored the bumpers with some Plastidip.

I went on a junkyard run, and found they had a few Festivas and Aspires laying around, so I picked up everything I needed for an Aspire swap, and did the rear brakes,

(Full disclosure, I'm running Aspire spindles and drums on the stock Festiva axle)

Then took a break to spray a spare hood with some left-over Plastidip.

Then I swapped over the front knuckles and brakes.

Here it is as it sits today with ANGRY HEADLIGHTS!

Festiva center caps, and obligatory FF.com decals from bobbyspider

In the long term, my plan is to hand paint some Rush album cover art on the hood, and install some coilovers. It's got just under 100k on the clock so I won't have to replace the engine for another decade or two.

Thanks for your consideration.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Thanks everyone for this honor. It feels good to finally be building my dream Festiva little by little after eleven years in the Festivaverse.
    Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
    Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
    White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
    White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
    Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
    Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
    Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
    White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Congratulations! That's a great looking car!
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Feva Festiva!
        TheFossMan

Comment

Working...
        X