Voting For November FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting For November FOTM

Sorry this has taken so long to get up. I'm going to split the entries up into November and December so each month can have a winner and we'll be fresh for January.

Here are all the November contestants.

TominMO's Car "Larry" AKA Kittiestivia

Started out like this.

Then Eurotiva swapped in a second generation b6 with a rear mounted Turbo for Tom.

111 hp 127 ft/lbs. @ the wheels.

Then Tom decided to take the rear turbo off the car and build it all motor. He started with a small AGM battery upgrade.

He then installed a Dickmeyer Automotive Ported cylinder head and custom camshaft.

Tom had to remove some material around the valve reliefs of the pistons for clearance of the big valve head.

Then he cleaned up the wiring and installed a Dickmeyer header.

Then Tom installed a wideband O2 meter

This setup made almost 98hp and 108ft.lbs of TQ

Tom then put his own custom designed suspension on the car.

and an Aspire brake swap and Konig Estrella wheels.

14carrots car

When I got My 91 festiva l it was in very sad shape. The previous owner decided to basically drive it through a lake to impress his "friends" and I picked it up off of a wrcker for less than 200 dollars. Surprisingly the little car refused to give up and I drove it home the day I got it. That weekend disassembly began revealing various mechanical issues like burned valves, cracked head and warped pistons. However, betweenmy dad, grandfather and I (and a head off a 95 aspire) we managed to bring the little car back to life. Spunkier than ever. I've decided to name the car War Machine for its ability to continue running after taking so much internal damage. Recently, at my own fault, the axles fell out of the trans and the drive gear turned sideways and busted the case. However with the help of another member I located a new trans and should be in this next week.I will add to this post as much as possible to keep progress updated.

TominMO
    73.33%
    14carrot
    26.67%

The poll is expired.

Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Hey how come me and the other green festiva aren't in the voting?

Comment

I believe he said you will be in the votong for December FOTM.

Comment

Thanks for the great writeup Charlie!

Future plans for my Festy: full coilover setup this summer, plus an F tranny--mainly so I can get a better stock clutch than the usual Festiva ones; plus the lower ratio will increase acceleration times. This is no longer an MPG-oriented car, it's the funner car. In 2017 I intend to go with a Dickmeyer ram's-horn intake and an appropriate turbo.

Corrections to above description provided by Charlie: 14x6 American Racing Estrella wheels with both Festiva and Aspire bolt patterns; and Capri front brake swap. Huge thanks to him for all his suspension and tire info, which I gleefully used; and his B6D/T and other motor info which has been so beneficial to others.
        Last edited by TominMO; 12-24-2015, 10:52 AM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Really?

14,272 members and 10 have voted? Come on folks......cast your vote!! Just remember, you can't complain if you don't vote.

Comment

Oh yeah sorry I'm dumb

Comment

Working...
            X