Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2003 Kia Pride, an International version of Festiva

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to this forum and I hope you guys can enjoy it. I was originally from China and Ford Festiva was sold as Kia Pride in China by a joint venture that Kia set up with a local mauufactor. It was briefly manufactured from 1999 to 2005 and, fortunately, it became our first family car. My parent purchased one on Jan .08 2003 and it stays with our family till now. It was my mom's daily driver from 2003 to 2007 until she got a new Mazda 6 and now an Evoque. Instead of the 1.3L engine and 4 speed MT that festiva have here, the Kia pride has a 1.4L 75hp engine and a 5-speed manual transmission.

I have strong emotions with this car, not only because it drives me to and off schools from 03 to 07, buy I have also learnt how to drive from this car. the Clutch is very rapid and you have to find the right moment to put the car in gear so that the engine will not cease. Since we only drove it as a daily from 03 to 07, it has very low mileage (64,839 KM, approximately 40,287 miles). I purchased a MK5 gti,as my first car in US because the hot hatch looking and quick response reminds me of my festiva all the time. Now I am considering purchase a festiva here and convert the face to the KIA pride looking. It would be great if some could share with me some inputs here or what should be done in order to achive that.

Below is a group of picture of the kia pride I took last time I went back to China.(jan 2014).Let me know is there anything about this car that you want to know more, thanks!FIL367.jpgFIL373.jpgFIL374.jpgFIL375.jpgFIL381.jpg

FIL391.jpgFIL425.jpg

Interior, the steering wheel is different from the Festiva in the US, but the dash looks almost exactly same.

Comment

Speedometer in KMs. Only 64,839 KM. We seldom drove it on the highway.

FIL393.jpg

Comment

Some detail of the interior. We installed a JVC radio since the original one only have casset and radio.

FIL406.jpgFIL407.jpgFIL412.jpgFIL411.jpg

Comment

FIL371.jpg

In China, there are only 4 door coupe and 4 door sedan available, seems like festiva in the US are all three door version.

Comment

FIL401.jpg

Comment

FIL390.jpg

13 inch Alloy wheel.

Comment

FIL438.jpg

Comment

FIL477.jpgFIL455.jpg

Did not clean the engine bay.

Comment

FIL455.jpgFIL461.jpgFIL450.jpg

Comment

is there a vaf in that airbox?
                      88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

btw,If I buy a festiva in US and do a facelift to make it looks like this one, would it cost a lot?

Comment

Looks like a rear fog light came standard on the Chinese market Kia.

Comment

Yup, seems like it is a government requirement.

Comment

FIL491.jpgFIL473.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X