X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 2016 FOTM winner.

Congratulations xguo17!
    Hello everyone,

This is my first post to this forum and I hope you guys can enjoy it. I was originally from China and Ford Festiva was sold as Kia Pride in China by a joint venture that Kia set up with a local mauufactor. It was briefly manufactured from 1999 to 2005 and, fortunately, it became our first family car. My parent purchased one on Jan .08 2003 and it stays with our family till now. It was my mom's daily driver from 2003 to 2007 until she got a new Mazda 6 and now an Evoque. Instead of the 1.3L engine and 4 speed MT that festiva have here, the Kia pride has a 1.4L 75hp engine and a 5-speed manual transmission.

I have strong emotions with this car, not only because it drives me to and off schools from 03 to 07, buy I have also learnt how to drive from this car. the Clutch is very rapid and you have to find the right moment to put the car in gear so that the engine will not cease. Since we only drove it as a daily from 03 to 07, it has very low mileage (64,839 KM, approximately 40,287 miles). I purchased a MK5 gti,as my first car in US because the hot hatch looking and quick response reminds me of my festiva all the time. Now I am considering purchase a festiva here and convert the face to the KIA pride looking. It would be great if some could share with me some inputs here or what should be done in order to achive that.

Below is a group of picture of the kia pride I took last time I went back to China.(jan 2014).Let me know is there anything about this car that you want to know more, thanks!

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 03-31-2016, 12:45 PM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Nice. I totally missed the voting.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I missed when this was posted too, nice. i wish we had 5 door festivas here, that would be cool.
      Congratulations on the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
        Nice. I totally missed the voting.
        No voting was necessary. This was the only car posted in FOTM this month. I'm pretty sure he even put his write up in the incorrect section, but I'm glad he did. It's a great write up, and a really nice car. A great FOTM in my opinion.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

And a 4 door to boot.

Comment

It is a nice one

Comment

What happened? No pics? I got an incorrect link showing
              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                What happened? No pics? I got an incorrect link showing
                That's strange. I hosted the pictures on my photobucket. Is anyone else having trouble with the pictures?

Comment

I can see them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me too.

Comment

Such a cool car and post. I thought I'd seen every variant in the 20 years I've been into Festivas. I didn't know they made the Pride that late over there. 1st I'd seen that grille design also.
                      Last edited by David88; 04-27-2016, 08:07 PM.
                      '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                      '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                      '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                      '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                      '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                      '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                      '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Working...
                      X