• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting for August 2016 FOTM

Three great entries this month.

First entry is Firebush's "White Turd"
    The Story of "The White Turd"

I Owned a Yellow Festiva years ago named Sponge Bob but it died and I did not have the knowledge and Money to bring it back to life so we got rid of him. I have always liked little cars and fell in love with Festivas when we bought our first. Fast Foward about 6 years and I finally have the money and time to buy a new Festiva. I talked about wanting one at work enough that a coworker sent me an ad he had found on Craigslist for one near my side of town, The guy wanted $900... I talked him down to $300 cash and a Taurus PT111 9mm with some ammo.

The car had basically zero brakes so I had to tow it home.

Once I got it home I started tearing it down and finding out just how many problems it had with the brakes, after new pads, shoes, wheel cylinders, Master cylinder, proportioning valve and many weeks I finally had a stopping car.

I cleaned and painted many parts, I decided to go with an "Old Ford Blue" and Black color scheme.

Took her down the road for a Glamour Shot

Purchased some a set of wheels from CL for $80 but had a hard time finding tires to fit correctly so it took a while to get them mounted. Also had to grind down the calipers a little for clearance.

Led Cluster Lights

First night on the track

Got rid of the back seat and cleaned up a little to make room for the Nitrous!

Ive also installed an aftermarket Tach and a new Head Unit. Have a Borla exhaust and a Innovative Motorsports Wideband waiting to go in. 5% Window tint on the back 3 windows and 15% on the front 2

Just got these photos Friday night after I got done working on her. She needs a bath but she is still pretty.

reyestuninggarag's new ride,

Just picked up "Unicorn" as i call her on saturday. Im hooked like a junky on drugs. The pics say why.
    All original 70k miles, mint interior and rust free. In Michigan now and i picked it up from Indiana. I love it!

Brianliska's bright yellow "Hippystiva"
    I submit my 91 L.

This is what she looked like when I bought it.

Gave a quick wash and Painted the wheels

New bearings and Advanced suspension! She's ready for the road

Had to add some AZ AC "tint" along with a historic vehicle copper plate and now she is a daily driver.

Firebush
    31.25%
    Reyestuninggarag
    6.25%
    Brianliska
    62.50%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 08-25-2016, 11:40 PM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.
Working...
X