Accepting entries for February FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting entries for February FOTM

That's right, it's time for the second Festiva of the Month for 2018!

A quick write up outlining the story of your car is required, along with some Pics!

I would recommend using Imgur to attach photos.

If anyone needs help with that, feel free to send me a PM!

Good luck Everyone!
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

#ProjectFesti FOTM Entry

Ford Festiva Trio 1995 WB
    Bought 3 years ago & have since been slowly doing a complete rebuild. Also my daily which makes things harder. She's been entered in shows as well attends multiple car meets through multiple clubs. She's come along way from when I first got her. A lot of mechanical work has been done as well as part swaps from 2 other festivas.
    I'm a new member as well ! Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

Please list some of your modifications and the make of the wheels and tires size. Thanks.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 02-14-2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

First forum post is to enter festiva of the month, lol!
        Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

No mechanical modifications as of yet, just replacement of stock standard parts. However this is soon to change...
          Cosmetics changes have been made. Bought a 99 Ford Festiva Trio WF model and swapped parts.
          List of parts: headlights/blinkers, tail lights, front and rear bumpers, bonnet, fuel flap, rear plate light bar.
          Wheels: 15" King Wheels 195/50r15 Kumho Tyres.

I lost details to my old account on the forum so I made a new one �� thanks
          Last edited by ProjectFesti28; 02-14-2018, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Here's my 1989 Festiva. I'd known about the car for about a year, as it was local, but I almost never saw it driven. I had owned them in the past, but finally got back into full size pickups. In October of 2017 I was involved in an accident with my Silverado 2500 and a draft horse. I crested a hill on my way into work and bam, there he was. Needless to say, the truck was totaled. I needed a vehicle that I knew how to work on, was cheap and could do anything I wanted.

Enter this car. 150k miles with almost zero rust. I'm the third owner. A local guy bought this car in the early 90's to drive around with up here when he came up from out of state, so it always stayed at his house. He had failing health and the garage that did the work was sick of storing it, so they bought it from his kids, than put it up for sale. Ive done the carb swap, and have new metro rims with snow tires. Its been a learning curve owning a carb'd vehicle, but this is definitely worth it in the end.

Comment

First seen on google earth, I tracked down the owner and offered his 1988 Mazda 121 Shades a new chance at life

A capri turbo was purchased as a donor, and the rebuild began

I stumbled across a 3rd gen B6D engine with low km, price was good so decided to use that instead - adding the turbo parts from the B6T
              A '98 Demio with rear end damage was also sacrificed for this project - brakes, knuckles, rear beam, mirrors, interior roof lining

12 - 15 months later, this is how she looks

Parts List
              1988 Mazda 121 Shades, body painted with spray cans - Dulux Flat Vivid White
              Engine: 3rd gen B6D+T

Lower radiator support modified to allow engine to be shifted forward
              Intercooler - aftermarket to suit Mini Cooper (R55/56)
              Water/meth injection - Snow Performance Stage 1 kit with 60l/min nozzle
              Petrol tank was sourced from a 1998 Festiva (Aspire) Trio 2 door
              Ford Capri Turbo parts used
              - G-series gearbox
              - Crossmember
              - Complete wiring harness swap
              - Instrument cluster,
              - ECU
              '98 Demio parts used
              - Disc brakes
              - Rear beam inc. drum brakes
              - Electric mirrors
              - roof lining
              - fuel lines
              Advanced coilovers fitted, nuetral toe and approx 3 degree negative camber on all wheels
              Drift Blade racing bucket seats, SAAS universal seat rails, custom seat mounts fabricated to lower seat height. (rear seats removed)

Wheels- Advanti 15 x 6.5 ET38 painted with Rustoleam metallic 'oil rubbed bronze'
              Tires - Kumho Solus ECSTA HS51 165/50r15

Comment

Some more photos of #ProjectFesti & the changes she's had over the years.

I bought her originally for an A-B car. Little did I know I'd slowly start doing her up. She's had a make over over the past 3 years. She's originally a 95 WB model but I've part swapped with a 99 WF model.

I've put around 6 grand into her fixing her up over the years & upgrades.

There's plans for an engine swap, turbo (plus supporting mods) & upgraded lowered suspension. Plus a vinyl wrap, new headlights, body kit & other little cosmetic changes.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there a reason you didn't put the Blue Body Side Molding onto the gold car? That would look pretty cool, just my opinion though.
                  "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                  sigpic
                  "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                  "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                  "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                  "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                    Is there a reason you didn't put the Blue Body Side Molding onto the gold car? That would look pretty cool, just my opinion though.
                    The blue festiva was pretty beaten & in bad shape (inside and out). The original plan was to swap the better parts from the gold festiva into the blue, but it would of been a much bigger job which I didnt have time for due to the festiva being my project and daily driver. She's going for a full vinyl wrap in due time anyhow.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X