Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... and then there was three...

Hello all,

Just picked up my third Festiva today; couldn't resist it at the price It's a dark blue '92L with 5 speed. It has over 360,000km on it but runs better than the auto one I picked last month, the one with the smoking problem. Has the same problem though with the brakes. I think I'm going to put all the brakes from the auto and then part it out. I can actually get them both in the garage too! My garage is 14' wide and 28' long so they're in there end to end with about a foot clearance to the garage door on one end and the workbench on the other.

First things first though, I'm doing my clutch/B6 install this coming weekend

I may have a fourth one lined up too. It's a red '90... still have to find out the price, mileage, transmission etc. I'll keep you posted.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

hmmmmm...I guess the F's have it....fastivaca....Freshtiva... Festy hoarders....lol
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Way to go fastivaca !! Don't let the" Festiva hoarder" ridicule get you down. Call or PM me if you want to talk to someone that wont judge you.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I want more Festiva's too!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

everybody needs a festiva farm!!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Wish I still had my '92. i'd love to have one for every day of the week.
            Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
            Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
            White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
            White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
            Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
            Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
            Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
            White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Axlander9289
              Wish I still had my '92. i'd love to have one for every day of the week.
              My buddy Jack with the festar had one for monday through friday. He gave one to his son though. 2 are still in progress. He was calling them by the day of the week. "I'm driving tuesday".
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
              X