New Free Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Free Battery

I got into my car to go to work this morning and my battery was completely dead. I checked the headlights, nope, didn't leave them on. The doors were both closed, so the dome light didn't do it. I put the charger on, and it wouldn't take a charge, so I knew it was dead. On top of the battery it says "2 year free replacement"(Wal Mart battery - go ahead and raz me about buying a Wal Mart battery, I can take it). So I check the receipt in the little bag on the side, I bought it on 7-28-05, so my warranty expires in 2 days.

I take the battery back and no hassles at all. They didn't have the same model, so I got to upgrade to the better one for $11.

How sweet is that? Usually for me, things break right after the warranty expires, never before! I'm happy!

As an added bonus, it's raining outside. We haven't had any rain for nearly two months. It's a desert outside. My next water bill is going to be $300-$400 dollars because we just put in sod and I have to water everyday. It's so dry that the lake and river level dropped so low, that there are litterally thousands of dead fish on the banks. It stinks really bad!

It's a great day!

well i use walmart batteries, only ones me and my family have had good luck with lol
    2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
    1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
    1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
    http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

Ya I had a autozone battery. It wasnt holding charges so i took it back. walked out with a fresh one sinc it has a 2 yr warrany i believe.
      88' Ford Festiva
      97' Chevy Silverado Z71
      94' Chevy S-10

Comment

i got a red top optima in the festy but i have a kirkland battery in my truck from costco and its gone completely dead a few time while it was sitting and i would just put it on a trickle charge over night and it worked fine.
        Jason
        wishing i had a festi again

Comment

You gotta love the 2 days left, skin of your teeth, free battery!
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

take the battery back and no hassles at all. They didn't have the same model, so I got to upgrade to the better one for $11.
            Yeah, walmart batteries generally su .... aren't so good!
            But that warranty sure is nice!
            I have found that getting the biggest battery that will fit into the festy seems to help too!
            Never go by what the group size says.
            Been happy with my 875 CCA walmart battery, of course this is a warranty replacement too.
            The original lasted like 6 weeks, maybe less.
            But took it back and no questions asked!
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I have a Wally world battery in my red car. It went dead in January. I just left it, figured I would replace it this spring. But surprisingly it took a charge and has been holding it since June!
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

I have never had any luck with the Walmart batteries .

I usually spring for the free 3 year replacement one ,pro rated after the 3 for 7 years .

But they usually go bad in 6 mos.
                ------------------------------------------------
                The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Working...
                X