whats the best first upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best first upgrade?

HAY ever one just found this place last week and it solved all the lil things i need to know. So my questions is what should i upgrade first. i have a 1989 thing all stock Just in general you know more power, handling and barks. Im not going to do this right now just getting this out now so i have more time to plane it going to do a body kit and paint maybe rims first, it all up in the air as of now. Thanks for reading
    i love my lil red wagon

Check Festiva Motorsports out. Should give you a few ideas. They have a full body kit.
    88' Ford Festiva
    97' Chevy Silverado Z71
    94' Chevy S-10

Comment

The best first thing? I say lower it with a nice set of wheels... It makes the entire car look "better"... Engine upgrades are always nice... The BP in my stockish-looking car makes it a perfect sleeper. And, the kit is a great upgrade too... I'd suggest lowering it first, then working on the kit (Roughly $1200 for the front, back, sides and hood)...

You can check out pimpiva.com (my site) to see my car with the kit, a headlight conversion, tail light swap, etc, etc...

And as Quick said... Festivamotorsports is the place to go for this stuff.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

^^+1 I agree with Simon on the lowering and wheels first. Then decide if its looks or performance you want next.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

i think im going to go for look now and do a but load of leg work for the preform ace upgrades b/c I'd still new but i see ppl with a motor swap run 15-16 1/4 mile and i think that my stock runs like 16 -17 not to sure tho still new 2nd week of having it. i do think body kit and rims then maybe lower it.
          im thinking a lil wider on the back with fender flared, but what about the front how big/ wide can i go i don't want it to hit any thing during normal driving it it hits a lil over a speed bump it will be ok just not while turning. and if i just cut the spring all a lil would that work for the time being after i but the body kit om to see how it looks? o and thanks for the link and the help love it all ready any other good ones besides ebay
          i love my lil red wagon

Comment

yogi_pahl PM sent!
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

i started with wheels and tint, it made my car look soo much better
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
              Paulbarrera12.com
              Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

If you get new rims and then later decide to do the aspire brake swap your new rims won't fit. if you only care about looks go for the rims. If you think performance is something you will want to upgrade do the aspire brake swap first.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Intermittent wipers! :headbang:

Lol

Eric
                  Blue 1989 Festiva L 1.3 carb 160K+, Aspire 5spd, Aspire swap, Tach, Added A/C, Intermittent wipers.
                  Aqua 1991 Festiva L 1.3 FI 200K+, 5spd, Aspire swap, tach, Intermittent wipers.
                  Green 1995 Aspire 1.3 FI 95K (RIP Saved my 18yo sons life)

Comment

My first upgrade was a manual passenger side mirror.
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax
                      If you get new rims and then later decide to do the aspire brake swap your new rims won't fit. if you only care about looks go for the rims. If you think performance is something you will want to upgrade do the aspire brake swap first.
                      thanks ill keep that in mined. Its things like that is why I'm try to get a full plane going b/4 i get it to mush and have to buy something that's still new just b/c it wont fit.
                      i love my lil red wagon

Comment

either stiffer suspension or solid mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax
                          I agree with carbonvmax. The swap isn't that hard from what I gather and it makes all the difference in braking and handling. I know we have a few autocross guys on here with the stock motor and a Aspire brake swap and they're happy with it.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

I got the aspire swap on my car for a couple different reasons. My stock daily festiva is scary trying to brake with the stock 68 hp, let alone doubling or tripling its power. Secondly there isnt really a great variety of wheels in 4x114.3, switching to 4x100 really opens up the door to many more options be it stock wheels from other cars (honda, etc) or aftermarket wheels.

Comment

Oh yeah, that too.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Working...
                              X