Diesels coming back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesels coming back?

Fuel-efficient diesels dominate today's European market, and German automakers are preparing to launch a host of so-called "50-state" diesels sellable in the entire U.S. market, starting next year.

Thanks in part to low-sulfur diesel fuel mandated by the U.S. government since 2006, today's diesel engines are quiet, powerful and not smoky — unlike the diesels in the Peugeot 505 of the mid-1980s. And diesel engines get about 30 percent more miles to the gallon, vs. the same-size gasoline engine.

What does all this mean for you? If you’re a car enthusiast who likes choice, the list of cars you can’t buy in America might soon get shorter.

Some good news here for us people that want diesel cars!

Lets just hope it doesn't take 10 more years.

i had a exgirlfriend i use to call diesel..her mouth was so big you could drive in a truck..lol

Comment

I hope diesels come back. Then I can run waste oil for cheaper than gas with better mpg to boot.
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by miami man
        i had a exgirlfriend i use to call diesel..her mouth was so big you could drive in a truck..lol

:shock:
        93 Mustang LX Coupe 54K 347 S-Trim 515 RWHP **Stock apearence**

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

91 Ford Festiva GL 30K orgional - soon to be cut to pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1
          I hope diesels come back. Then I can run waste oil for cheaper than gas with better mpg to boot.
          Already in the works with existing technology and cheaper than a new diesel by far!
          Of course a small item like a centrifuge will make things much easier.
          But I have that in the works too!
          Plus, if you have an oil furnace you get a little bonus!

Thanks for all your help Matt!
          I owe you big time!
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

i posted some links long ago now on running a car on used veggie oil. ive read about people using it for heating oil also. great idea and much cheaper.

how about the asian automakers, no new diesel from them. wish they would import some of the exsisting cars from there we never see. the micros and the diesel vans.
            "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

I have a teacher who runs used vegetable oil in his '82 Mercedes. He uses a two tank system. He has one tank for diesel and one for vegetable oil. He starts it on diesel and lets it warm up, and he has heater hoses running to the vegetable oil tank to keep the vegetable oil from solidifying. Once it's warmed up on diesel, and he's sure his vegetable oil is liquid, he switches tanks and runs on vegetable oil. He's working on doing a similar setup with an F-250 that already has two tanks from the factory. His exhaust smells like french fries.
              Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
              Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
              White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
              White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
              Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
              Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
              Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
              White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
              X