New festiva owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New festiva owner

Just bought a 89 festiva with 116,000 on it and it runs great, perfect for a city car. The car is has a carb and I was wondering what it would take to make this fuel injected?

Welcome to the world of Festivas! I also have a Carbed '89. A switch to fuel injection would be more trouble than it is worth. You'd have to swap out fuel tanks to get the electric fuel pump, Plus you'd have to swap intakes, and I'd imagine you'd have to do a bunch of wiring. You'd spend less money and time looking for and buying a Festiva that's already fuel injected.
    Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
    Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
    White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
    White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
    Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
    Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
    Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
    White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

You would need to swap the intake wiring and ECU. You could use an inline fuel pump so you wouldn't need to change tank.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Whats the power difference between FI and Carb'd?

Comment

Originally posted by trevor_shiggs
          Whats the power difference between FI and Carb'd?
          A big five HP. Buy a free-flowing exhaust like the one from Festiva Motorsport; drill some holes around the outside of the air cleaner cover; advance the ignition a bit (and use higher-octane gas if necessary), and you'll get those 5 HP.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanks to all who replied, I imagine it's to much trouble to go into FI
            Cardomain, your car looks kick ass good.
            Just bought some old Mazda 323 aluminum wheels and tried 185/70/13's and they hit suspension parts. what tires are you running with yours?
            Not really looking for power but when I do I'll use a Mazda 1.6

Comment

Are the tires too tall or too wide? Below is a spec sheet for a good and inexpensive four-season tire,the Kumho 795 Touring A/S. I have these on my lifted Subaru wagon and am quite happy with them. The spec sheet gives height and width figures, which you can compare with your 185/70 tires. Also on the site is a dealer locater.

PS: Cardomain is a website. 25Horseplay is the person.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanks for the compliment! My tires are 14", they are 195/45/14 Toyos.
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

Thanks again for the replies. When the tires were put on 185/70/13's the rears hit the top of the springs. the fronts I'm not sure anymore. I want to keep the wheels I bought, 13's. I'm a little happier with the 13's as the ride height is better but still not real happy with the ride. I have land in Arizona and a 32 foot motorhome. The motorhome had a Aspire as a toad but it has no A/C and in Az I don't want to be without it so I'm most probably going to sell it and use the Festiva as the toad. I spent 16 years of my life with a 73 2002tii until I lost my garage space and don't want to go crazy with the Festiva but want to get a better ride and get it to where it should be. By the way the Aspire has 60,000 miles on it and the motorhome 45,000 and I'm sure it's been pulled those 45k so I think the drivetrain has 15/20,000 original miles should anyone be interested.

Comment

I got just the tire for you: Bridgestone Potenza RE92 all season high performance. 165/65-13, 21.4" diameter vs the 23.2" on your 185s. Here's the link at The Tire Rack:

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                    X