water on floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water on floor

we have had some wonderful storms these past few days and now i have water on my passenger side footwall in the backseat worse than the front seat. its not coming in the window or the door because the seat is dry so im not sure where it is coming from. there is a good half inch in the rear and a little puddle on the front floor. the only thing i thought of is i switched from auto to manual seat belts and i did see a little bit of water coming from the little plastic thing that houses the old auto belt by the floor. it happended the other day and i thought it was a fluke or something but now it happened again after i cleaned it all out. any help is appreciated. thanks
    Daily Driver: 90 Festiva 5 spd. lime green, brush guard
    Another Toy: 06 Harley Sportster 883, intake and exhaust

I couldn't imagine the swap from auto to manual belts causing this... There are no holes on the outside of the car from removing the belts.

In my girlfriends Neon, it leaks water from the mirror, down the door and inside the seal that way... She always has a huge puddle on her floor after a heavy rain.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Mine did that once. I figure it out as being an off-track window. Actually it wasn't going all the way up. I had to tear the door apart and do a little work.
      -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy
        I couldn't imagine the swap from auto to manual belts causing this... There are no holes on the outside of the car from removing the belts.

In my girlfriends Neon, it leaks water from the mirror, down the door and inside the seal that way... She always has a huge puddle on her floor after a heavy rain.
        Here is a picture of a festiva what came with auto belts, I put manual belts in it. To do that I had to remove the two rubber plugs that plugged the holes where the manual belts go. They go through all the way to the outside. Since its in the floorboard I don't think it would leak in unless you were driving in the rain.

sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
        X