Saved one from the crusher today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved one from the crusher today

Saw an ad for a 90 Festiva on Craigslist earlier in the week for $300. Later the ad gave an address that was not far from me so I swung by to take a look. The car was on street with the windows down and the hood popped so I look under the hood and I see AC!!. Then I see it has a white face tach cluster!! It is an L Plus with a 5 speed!!

I was on the fence as to make an offer or not, but the next day I called the number and the seller said that someone was swinging by after work at 5pm to buy the car. The seller said that the first with cash gets the car. I told him that I was looking at it as a parts car and that if the other guy was buying it to drive then he should have it. I figured oh well. Nothing lost and nothing gained. But the next day on CL it is listed again with "needs radiator". Then today he lowers the price to $150....

After doing some errands I decide to go look at the car again. When I got there, the car was gone. I called the seller and he said sorry it is sold. So I head for home, but then what do I see....that poor lil Festiva is on a flat bed trailer being hauled by a rig with a sign reading "CASH for JUNK CARS" with a phone number on it. I called the number and got voice mail. I left a message saying that if he wanted to sell any parts then give me a call. Well, about 15 minutes go by and then my phone rings. He said I could have any parts I wanted for $80. When I ask what he was going to do with the car he said sell it for scrap for around $120. I asked him if he would sell it to me and he said he would turnaroud and deliver the car anywhere I wanted for $150.............so here she is.......

Can anyone tell me does this look to be a factory AC system or a dealer installed system? How does one tell the difference? I am hoping to pull the AC and install it on my other Festiva.

1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
    2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Glad that you saved it from the crusher. See if you can revive this baby:-)
    90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
    92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
    94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
    94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

Comment

Can you say "Jack Pot"?
      If all it needs to run is a radiator I'm sure someone has one here somewhere!
      I don't see any rust on the body!
      Could easily be another swap candidate!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

That's what I was thinking Pu241. As far as the body goes it looks like it is a pretty clean car. I didn't see too many dents or dings in the body.
        92 B6 Festiva, 5spd

Comment

shoot[edit] that thing looks to be rust free....... iv been really wanting to buy me a rust free festiva grats

Comment

Oh yeh, Oregon cars are rust free!!

No major dents. Just some minor dinks and waves. The CV joints are making noise too. One small star in the windshield. All lenses are good. I have rims and tires to replace the two mini spares on the back. As far as the radiator goes, I was thinking to upgrade my driver to a two core Auto radiator and then using the pulled one in this car. If not, I think a PnP around here has one on the cheap. After I pull the AC and a few other parts I may sell it to someone else or the scrap guy gave me his card and said that when I am done he would give me $40 and haul her off.......
            2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Nice snag !! Cant believe that was going to the scrapper. It looks good. Glad you save it and got yourself a fine car. :thumbleft: Heck of a deal :!: I would have bought that right off the bat the first day and not thought twice about it.
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Don't give it to the scrap guy!!!!!! Save the festiva. She can live a new life:-)
                92 B6 Festiva, 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by wrestler3025
                  Don't give it to the scrap guy!!!!!! Save the festiva. She can live a new life:-)
                  ^ What he said! ^
                  Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                  Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                  White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                  White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                  Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                  Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                  Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                  White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

That little one is far too nice to go to the scrap guy! If you decide you don't want it after you pull the parts I'm sure there is someone that would be more than happy to have that body! I wish I were closer to Oregon. I love that color!
                    :cat:
                    Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Comment

Score!
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

if you decide to get rid of the body let me know. i may be going to oregon in a couple months and would love that car and my parents have a car hauler.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

^^^I will keep you in mind if I decide to let it go..
                          2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Awsome save, Ive got the same model in red( with a few modifications of coarse) , they dont get much better !

Comment

Working...
                            X