Is my car worth it..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my car worth it..

Shes got 118 thousand now, trannys good, the inside is kinda bad(like i care, i put bikes in and out of it all day) and the body is real rusted, even the bottom. It needs a new Carb and i've found a few online for $220-250. My friends are telling me to sell it off, and get something different, but i love these little cars so much now, and i dont know what to do, i got it for $550, and have put about 300 into it so far..what do you all think i should do? Keep it, or sell it off and try to buy another?(anyone selling cheap?)
    no more festy..

Do it. 118k is barely broken in. You surely couldn't replace it for $250, and a replacement would drink a whole lot more gas. In the grand scheme of things, $1000 is not a lot to have in a car. I've had more than that in both of my stock Festivas.
    Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
    Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
    White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
    White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
    Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
    Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
    Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
    White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Axlander9289
      Do it. 118k is barely broken in. You surely couldn't replace it for $250, and a replacement would drink a whole lot more gas. In the grand scheme of things, $1000 is not a lot to have in a car. I've had more than that in both of my stock Festivas.
      This place has them for 250..
      no more festy..

Comment

If you really do like the Festiva, keep it. I owned two before (a '90 and '91 matching colors) and one got totalled and I sold the other one. Now after all these years I again have a '91 (same color as my other two were) and love it. I should have never let my other two go, but as fate would have it I now have a Festiva with 33,xxx original miles. If you take care of the car they will last a long time.
        James
        Phoenix, Arizona
        --------------------------------------The Stable-----------------------------------------------------
        '91 Ford Festiva L, Mostly Smurf Blue with some white and dark blue as well. For Sale
        '10 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Ruby Red Pearl <~~~ Wife's car
        '13 Hyundai Accent SE, Ironman Silver <~~~My Car
        My SuperMotors Page

Comment

Originally posted by peguinsexplode
          Originally posted by Axlander9289
          This place has them for 250..
          You misunderstand. I meant you couldn't replace your Festiva for $250, so I vote go ahead and get the carb.
          Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
          Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
          White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
          White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
          Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
          Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
          Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
          White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

118,000 is the first third of it's life. Buy a carb!!
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

you guys make me feel better about it now.. now the big question, can anyone get me a carb cheaper than 250!?
              no more festy..

Comment

FestivaGTX got me a good deal on a used carb that looked like new. I got it in a week. PM him.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax
                  FestivaGTX got me a good deal on a used carb that looked like new. I got it in a week. PM him.
                  i PMed him, no answer yet..What was the good deal?
                  no more festy..

Comment

^^ He hasn't been on since monday.
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

Buy the carb and keep a look out for a good body to swap everything into when the Michigan crud ultimately claims your vehicle!
                      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                      '92 Aqua parts Car
                      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                      Your holy ghost will not save you.
                      Your God plutonium will not save you.
                      In fact...
                      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241
                        Buy the carb and keep a look out for a good body to swap everything into when the Michigan crud ultimately claims your vehicle!
                        this was among one of my plans..
                        no more festy..

Comment

$70 shipped

Comment

I am back and sorry been busy, Done PM to peguinsexplode.

Comment

Working...
                            X