Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year and model Mazda is the same as a Festi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year and model Mazda is the same as a Festi?

I'm looking for what years, make and model is the same as a Festiva? I know the 121 is the same but isnt a 323 the same for some parts?? I'm trying to find a strut bar, and seam to have better luck looking for Mazda stuff..

Thanks

Brian
    93 Mustang LX Coupe 54K 347 S-Trim 515 RWHP **Stock apearence**

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

91 Ford Festiva GL 30K orgional - soon to be cut to pieces!

festiva
    121 mazda
    kia pride
    aspire

All depending on year and parts needed.I think if you find a bar that fits an aspire it will work on the festiva. I think the 323 is wider

As per " shims" The SHO uses replacable "shims" between the cam lobe and spring retainer, there is a bucket that these shims sit in, its on top of the valve spring. Its these shims that make up for clearance issues ( can you say valve adjustment) too much clearance put in a thicker one, too little put in a smaller one. It takes a couple special tools to do this plus a bunch of extra shims

The good news is a couple guys will rent you all of the tools and shims in a kit. You put down a deposit, do the job and replace your shims with theirs and send it all back.
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

hmmm... edr530i told me he got his stuff for a 323 2WD car--- not the AWD car? So I'm wondering if just some of the parts will work?? The bar he has is adjustable so that might fix the width problem, but I realy think the FMS was a Cusco piece.. It looks just like Cusco units for other cars....Cusco dealers are... well less then inthusiastic about Festiva's , but purk right up when you say MAZDA!! Zoom Zoom :wink:

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

Comment

we have a 91 mazda 323 and i think it is wider also and it has the b6 motor in it

Comment

my 1991 mazda 323 does not have a strut bar plus never seen one on a 323 at the junkyard.

Comment

Well I called a very Reputiable Mazda Perf. shop and they said recently they sold a set of plates to a Festi owner, but the Bar I would need to check back on it on Wed. I plan on calling them back, but I'm going to place another call into Festiva motor sports. I raher have the old style they used to offer, but I know they are working on an adjustable unit, one I'm not liking that much. I want to give them a chance, but If they are no longer offering the FMS AL one I'm going to go with this Mazda one...

Comment

I don't know if you'll have much luck finding a strut bar to fit. The 323 was a wider car, and therefore had more space between the shock towers. You could adapt one for a 323 though. Wouldn't be that hard to do.

Comment

Well darn.... Hey Nova I've got some box steel and a stick welder :thumbup:

Comment

Someone posted that a probe or something is the same. It's another application that fits you have to search really.

I just made my own out of aluminum.

Comment

I was talking to Roger at FMS, they are still offering the aluminum non adjustable bar. It is just currently out of stock.
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

yea i called him today also, and told him I bought from him in the past and wanted this bar... he said they expect the adjustable in first but would offer the other at a later date... So I think I will hang out for one of his...

Comment

Working...
                      X