Fuel Injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Injection

hey guys. i'm back. been like 6 months since i've been on here, been really busy. i was just wondering if anyone has seen a fuel injection conversion kit online and if anyone had tried one. it sounds like it might be great, but i just wanted to get y'alls (thats right, y'all.i'm from TN) opinion of it. if anyone has tried it please let me know. heres a website i found that sells the kits. pretty cheap i thought.

thanks guys.
    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Just find a FI parts car and get all the parts. I would think thats cheaper.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

I can almost guarantee that those kits won't be made or calibrated for a Festy type of application. Those are most likely for larger displacement applications like inline 6s or V8s.

I agree completely with 25Horseplay: hit the wreckers and pull the system out of a Festiva. The nice thing is that it will all fit will minimal fuss.

Jim

Comment

Look what you missed!

I knew you'd wouldn't want to miss it!
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Ive got an extra TB, fuel rail, intake, etc but I think its more complicated. You would have to change gas tanks, fuel pumps, PCM, etc ? You could probably pick up a FI festiva easier and cheaper.

sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Urtoast just ripped apart his car for a ShoGun. Pm him and see if he can help you.

Comment

thanks for your input. 500,000... gotta show that to some people :lol:. anyway, it is extremely hard to find festivas down here, or i would try to find one and swap the engines. but i cannot find any around here. the only ones are ones that people dont want to sell (for obvious reasons). plus i dont know much about FI. i know you'd have to have the gas tank and fuel pump. and that computer. does anyone know where the computer is on the car? FI or carbed?
              89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
              92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
              New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

i think you could stick with your carb tank if you use an inline pump. not your current mechanical one, but an after-market one.
                i dont think you need a whole engine iter, just the head at the most. aside from that you will need the wiring harness and the computer. I'm not sure if the carbys have a computer, but on the fi festers, its in the dash on the drivers side.

i could probably get you the head/harness/computer from a j/y at a decent price.
                89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
                  Just find a FI parts car and get all the parts. I would think thats cheaper.
                  I totally agree. Get a dead efi festiva. I've paid between $50 - $150 for all dead festivas. You'll probably end up wanting to fix the new one though.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

carbonvmax wrote;

" You'll probably end up wanting to fix the new one though. "

:lol: Thats happened to me a couple of times, I try to buy a parts car only to get it home and find out it can be fix easily and runs good.
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

^ that often makes the most sense. I mean really what's the most expensive part to fix? Engines are $100 - $250. Trans are usually $100 - $150. Buy a parts car for $100, put $200 in it. Nickel and dime it for another $200 and you have a great running dependable $500 festiva.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                      X