Most wanted junkyard parts list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most wanted junkyard parts list

In a few weeks i'm going to be spending a few days covering about 30 autowreckers looking for festy parts that are in demand....

I'm looking for mainly oem spoilers,hatch covers,door pockets and the under seat tray.

These are the parts I will pick up if found...

My question to my fellow board members is.....

What parts do you look for....or have a hard time finding?

Are there any parts in canada that you guys in the states never got on your cars or can't find?

I'm not going to pull anything that will be too large or costly to ship....so keep that in mind.

Also any info or pictures on how to remove a daytime running light set-up would be great!
    Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

where are you going to find 30 junk yards?

you cant really remove the drl system. its integrated into the main harness. the most you can do is remove the relays/modules. Aside from that you have to pull the whole harness.
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Comment

Keep me in mind for the folding 1990 power mirror. I need a driver side (left), but I would also buy another pair as well. Sounds like fun. I love J/Y hunting. Thanks alot for offering. Be safe.
      '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
      '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
      '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
      '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
      '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
      '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
      '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

I've been looking for a power mirror set. If you could find me one I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by stefan
          where are you going to find 30 junk yards?

you cant really remove the drl system. its integrated into the main harness. the most you can do is remove the relays/modules. Aside from that you have to pull the whole harness.
          Hmmm well if I have to remove the intire harness.....then I'm not going after the drl system....

As far as 30 junkyards go.....I live in junkyard heaven.....I can visit many more than that.....I would just not have the time in 2 days......

i'm starting in london ontario....about 2 years ago I went to one wrecker there and there was 16...yes 16 festys there...I almost fell over!....that same wrecker last year only had about 6

2 years ago I never knew people would buy up spoilers like they do.....I could have picked up at least 10 of them.....I'm thinking this trip I may only find a few......

Adam

Comment

Find me a Sport model interior! Shipping won't be so bad if you just remove the covers off the seats. I want front and back seats along wit door panels. I really want to find a whole Sport Festiva but can se the interior to make my own.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Hmmm I've never had to remove the window crank....and I would have to do that too get the door panels off....any trick to that????

I will keep my eyes open!

Did the sport interior have a split rear seat???? I use to have one...I ca't remember if it had that style rear seat....

Adam

Comment

Sport interior looks like this http://tinyurl.com/2dybv7. No split back seat it was only available in 92-93 GL's as an option. The window cranks have a small clip that can be hooked and pulled off from the side.
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

to pull the crank clip, a couple of ways. they make a special tool cost a few dollars. You can insert some cloth on the front side of the clip and it will pop off. Or you can take a paper clip, bend a hook on one end and grab ahold of the clip.

David

Comment

Originally posted by dahodges
                    to pull the crank clip, a couple of ways. they make a special tool cost a few dollars. You can insert some cloth on the front side of the clip and it will pop off. Or you can take a paper clip, bend a hook on one end and grab ahold of the clip.

David
                    A small pocket screwdriver works well if your careful, the clip may go flying out and the driver could catch the pannel, if your not careful.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                    92 GL - parts car
                    97 aspire - parts car
                    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Working...
                    X