package tray spruce-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• package tray spruce-up

don't know if this is a common affliction but age and a few careful scrubbings of the package tray left it with what i'd call a 'hairy or fuzzy look to the fabric that also trapped hundreds of tiny lint balls. i thought to use a rechargable electric razor to smooth it out again. i set it on the lowest cut setting and carefully and slowly dragged the razor from front to back letting the weight of the razor do the work and giving it time to work through any snagging. i had to clean the razor comb every dozen or so passes and also shaved the whole tray twice. the second pass goes a little quicker with less fuzz to cut but still took about an hour. the time was worth it as the fabric looks like new again. also, the lifting cords had become white (faded) so since they had been removed for the shaving i decided to try black shoe paste. just a glob on a cloth and ran the laces through it a few times. like new again.

Now thats a close shave Looks great !! Ive seen them called package trays twice this week, and I always called them cargo covers.

sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Might have to make this one a sticky!
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
        Might have to make this one a sticky!
        Shouldn't that be a "Stubbly"?? :lol: :lol:
        1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
        2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

I still need a cargo cover..and a ff.com sticker

Comment

You can buy clothes shavers that would probably work well too. They wouldn't plug up as fast, and you might ruin the blades on your face shaver this way. Maybe not.

Comment

Working...
            X