cargo hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cargo hardware

they have whats left behind from a cargo cover at the yard. just the wood part is broken in half so i need to know what hardware i need to grab off the busted cover and whatever else to make a new one.
    it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Take the hole piece and just strip the cloth off.....use the broken piece as a template for a new wood piece......I actually did that one of my old festiva's.........the metal band that is used to give that cheap board strienght did not allow me to fit 6X9 speakers.....so I just removed the stock wood and made a piece with thicker wood to hold the speakers.....cut the holes and bingo!

If I remember...there is a bar or something that clips on the rear panels to hold it in place....just fit that on your new piece.....

I also just used carpenters glue to hold the carpet down and I stapled the edges on the underside...

Hope this helps!

P.S. don't forget you will need the strings as well as the little "string holders" that are on the hatch that pull it up as you open the hatch
    Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

Re: cargo hardware

Originally posted by Futurefesty90
      they have whats left behind from a cargo cover at the yard. just the wood part is broken in half so i need to know what hardware i need to grab off the busted cover and whatever else to make a new one.

Get this stuff too

sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Re: cargo hardware

Originally posted by freshtiva
        Originally posted by Futurefesty90

Get this stuff too

which is where?
        it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Comment

The 4 black plastic parts are located on the hatch, 2 under the window and two halfway up the side of the window. The rest is mounted on the speaker grills.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

Working...
          X