939,000 mile Honda. I'm not worthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 939,000 mile Honda. I'm not worthy

Wow. Honestly. Wow. I thought the 200K miles on mine (adjusted for new o.d.) was something to write home about, but I have no illusions about my Festy getting even close to 500K, let alone a million!

B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

wow. i mean, wow. there was a guy on here that has 500k, 5.0zone. i believe its possible. i've heard of 600k on a festiva, but thats about it.
    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

That is incredible!! And it is only 12 years old. That is a whole lotta time in the saddle.
      1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
      2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

but see theres more hondas on the roads then festivas and i bet if you where to compare apple to apples the festiva would have a better track record i mean i know a honda can live pass 100k but i say theres more festivas in the 200 then honduhs and im sure one will hit the 1 mill mark

Comment

I would say the vast majority of Festivas left, are of high mileage...
          1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
          1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
          1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
          1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
          1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
          1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
          1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Thats incredible... It's one thing for the engine and tranny to hold up that long... but the suspension... bushings.. shocks.. all that hasssssss to be giving that car a horrible ride.
            88' Ford Festiva
            97' Chevy Silverado Z71
            94' Chevy S-10

Comment

I was driving a semi the other day and it had 1.5 million miles on it and surprisingly it didn't feel like what you'd expect that many miles to feel like. I know that is non comparable but Highway miles are definitely sooooooo much easier on the entire car, especially suspension components.
              -Bryant

Comment

The brother had the Acura version of the Civic Coupe and he picked it up with 250K, ran it out to 400K and got rid of it when the entire electrical system mysteriously failed in the dead of a Wisconsin winter. It went to the first Tuner with a flatbed trailer and $600.

B
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

Comment

I'll bet a festiva gets to 1 mil. I bet 5.0 zone does it. That civic is a marvel.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels
                    but see theres more hondas on the roads then festivas and i bet if you where to compare apple to apples the festiva would have a better track record i mean i know a honda can live pass 100k but i say theres more festivas in the 200 then honduhs and im sure one will hit the 1 mill mark
                    100,000 miles isn't considered high mileage anymore. Every new car on the market can easily hit 100k if maintained even moderately well. Newer cars should be able to hit 200,000 without major repairs(shouldn't have to replace engines and trannys). Even my 95' Neon had 150,000 on it when I sold it, and that was the biggest pice of junk I've ever owned.

There are tons of Hondas and Toyotas(as well as Chevys and Fords, etc.) with over 200k on them.

Back to this Honda, he's nuts if he thinks he's going to get that much money for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez
                      I was driving a semi the other day and it had 1.5 million miles on it and surprisingly it didn't feel like what you'd expect that many miles to feel like. I know that is non comparable but Highway miles are definitely sooooooo much easier on the entire car, especially suspension components.
                      Semis are designed to go 1 million miles though

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                      92 GL - parts car
                      97 aspire - parts car
                      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_tunner
                        Semis are designed to go 1 million miles though
                        That is why I stated this really isn't comparable. It was a way to say that highway miles are so much better for cars or any vehicle for that matter. "Traveling salesmen" cars are imo the best cars to buy "bang for the buck" especially if maintained properly.
                        -Bryant

Comment

my father put over a million miles on his 1976 chevy chevette, he traded in his 1969 camaro RS/SS in british racing green with white vinyl top for it in 76, the chevette was a strippy without even a friggin radio!

I still bust his balls about it, but ya, a million miles on that car, after 2 sets of strut towers, 2 sets of floors a rear end, it was time to junk it, but it still ran great!!!! original clutch too!

Comment

Working...
                          X