No announcement yet.

Bodykit = w00t!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the hood on today. It's a little far forward and I will probably swap in another set of hood pins instead of these locking ones that are there now... Once I put those pins on, I should be able to slide the hood towards the windshield to cloes the gap in the back and get it on 100%...

At any rate, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm going to pull the hinges and stock latch assembly up front to shed a few more pounds tomorrow.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

that looks sharp . . . has anyone ever thought of suiciding the hood . . . I'm not sure about this, it would be a feat of engineering to get it to tilt up over the front and still lay right

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
      92 GL - parts car
      97 aspire - parts car
      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

That looks really nice Simon!

And for the differences that I see, well there's the hole for the rear fog light that you don't have (rear bumper driver side), the little place to put a reflector missing to (rear bumper passenger side), the hole for the exhaust tip is a reverse U shape on yours, mine is a O, or to put it clearer, the bottom lip of the rear bumper is complete. That's the only differences that I see.

Here's a pic

Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

Glac - Gottcha... The bumper originally looked like that on the bottom... But because of running a larger exhaust than stock (3.5" tip), it was chopped to fit correctly. You'll see when you mount it, what I'm talking about (unless you're running a stock 1.25" exhaust tip). But yeah - the original FMS ATH rear DID look like that. I'm sure I've got pictures of that somewhere on my PC.

As for the hole for the rear fog/reflector... My guess is that Roger had them removed from the mold since the US doesn't require them. I know that he said the moldes were changed slightly to get the BEST fit to the Festiva... I know that Chris Rummel got the original ATH rear that Roger used to make the molds and said it didn't fit quite 100%...
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I wasn't sure if you had cut it or not, anyway in my case I'll fill the exhaust hole in the bumper, won't be needing it 8) So except for the fog and reflector it's suppose to be the same, right? Than what's the difference with the GTX that FMS sells, anyone has pictures or infos?
            Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

It's the one that MTV put on the Pimp My Ride Festiva... It doesn't sit nearly as low, and they are longer than the stock bumpers (they protrude out more):

Here's the rear on Roger's one Festiva he took to the 03 Festival:

And the front from the MTV one:
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I already have the hood and plan on going with pretty much what you have...... the front and rear ATH style kit.....looks awsome......what colour do you plan on painting it?????
                Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

Yup... I love the ATH one over the GTX... Not really sure why, I think it fits the lines of the Festiva better though.

I'm not sure on the color really... I actually like the white and may keep it that. Besides, Casper is a cool nickname for it and it wouldn't be Casper if I painted it orange again... (Honestly, I just want to keep this project pretty low budget... Paint is an extra $2,000 that I don't have right now.)
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

how much do you have in the body kit total ya think>?

Comment

What style rims are those? Konig rim right?

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

New hoodpins installed before Ohiostiva... Made it much nicer to drive and the hood actually stayed down!
                        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

anomoly - Posted on the last page... The wheels are 15" ICW Kobe wheels - gunmetal with a polished lip (15 x 6).

Death - I have $750 into the kit total... I picked up the front, sides and rear from 88GTR on the board here for $500 and the hood was another $250 from Roger. Add $30 for the pins and a few cents for bolts and screws and that's where I'm at now... I saved over $300 by going used with 88GTR and I was able to pick the pieces up from him on my way home from Texas when I got Casper from DJ's family...
                          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Here are a few shots of the exhaust and some new additions too...

Rear shot with the new muffler - notice anything else new?!

Side shot of muffler

Floor shot - It looks like the muffler can shift over to the right a little bit, I just have to work on it a little bit to make it look fine. At any rate - it's 1000x better than before! It's added silencer makes highway driving actually ok... It was still "ok" even at 80 on the highway last night... With the old exhaust? I may have been deaf after the trip to Ohio.

So from the first shot - did you notice anything else new? How about my "Festiva" emblem? I think it adds to the look a little bit. Anything else? Well... I added a set of european tail lights too.

And I added a FordFestiva.com decal that I got this weekend.
                            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                            X