Where to learn???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to learn???????????

general info about car speakers, amps, subwoofers, wiring and how they work....

how do you guys learn, any good sites to learn from????

Comment

:roll:

Maybe the custom audio section might be the place to ask this.
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Google is usually where I start when I have broad questions like this... It'll give basics on how to wire... The redt could be advise from your local car audio shop.

FWIW- I ran 2 12" JL Audio W3s in a sealed box, mated to a decent little Mtx amp a few years ago (when I first picked up my Festiva) and it literally rattled the entire car! From outside you could see the quarter panels flexing!

Good luck!
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Red is positive and yellow is positive. One of those is hot all the time for clock and station memory. The other is hot when the switch is on. Black is negative/ground. Speaker wires are usually white and white with a black stripe, gray and gray with a black stripe, green and green with a black stripe, purple and purple with a black stripe. If you get the polarity reversed on the speakers it will usually make a little less bass. Use a multimeter to test. I learned by trial and error. If you are buying new circuit city offers free installation. I always use stereos and speaker from parts cars or even junk yard cars. Another great place to get stereos is from your ricer friends who feel the need to replace perfectly good stereos with high dollar equipment. I've gotten free stereos that way. I am a tightwad/opportunist/smart so I rarely buy new. I also think rattling cars are a waste of $, ears, etc. I just like clarity with no distortion so I can recognize every note. If it's loud enough to hear everything at 65 with the windows down I'm cool. Then again I'm older. I just want to be able to hear my songs when I'm old old.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

thanks for the great info you guys.

would you guys use rather use regular speakers or component speakers????

Comment

Working...
            X